Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 09:20 AM

515 posts, read 525,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mila92 View Post
I won the lottery 4/30 and they gave me the option of 5/15 or 6/1 and I went with 6/1 because my current lease is up 6/30. So I'll just be paying rent for both my current spot and the housing lottery at the same time only for one month. I was fortunate that it turned out this way for me, because I was only allotted a weeks time after seeing the apartment to decide whether I wanted to sign the lease or not so anyone whose given 30 days is extremely lucky but it seems like they do want a quick turnaround to get the units leased out. I would say work with your marketing agent and see what they can do for you! I wish you the best of luck!
But you got 30 days as well. No one is given 30 days to decide if they want to sign the lease.
You are given 30 days from the approval date to MOVE IN. That's what is being asked in this thread.

After receiving approval yes you only get about week to go in and sign your lease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2021, 10:44 AM

38 posts, read 43,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
But you got 30 days as well. No one is given 30 days to decide if they want to sign the lease.
You are given 30 days from the approval date to MOVE IN. That's what is being asked in this thread.

After receiving approval yes you only get about week to go in and sign your lease.

I don't think that is necessarily true I've read threads where they moved in after 30 days from their approval date, not like months out but a month and a half at least. I don't believe everyone's experience is exactly the same to the T which can also can depend on who the marketing company you are working with. But I did answer the question as to the lease needing to start so quickly based on my experience.

Old 06-21-2021, 01:24 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,837,927 times
I got HPD approval on 6/11, I will sign the lease tomorrow (6/22). I was able to break my current lease on 7/31 so my lease with the housing lottery that I won will only start on 7/28. They offered 8/1 lease effective date but I told them I will have to vacate my current place before 7/31 so we agreed 7/28 it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: