Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2020, 11:30 AM

15 posts, read 14,090 times

Advertisements

Good day,

I've been receiving a mixed response about whether subletting can affect you down the line if selected in the lottery. My concern is documentation - in my current situation I'm subletting (rent and utilities included) and I don't have much in terms of paperwork (outside of receipts/statements). As my roommates are the leaseholders, should I be listing one of their names as the person I'm paying rent to or management?

Thank you for any assistance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2020, 12:31 PM

86 posts, read 75,726 times
for proof of residence i was asked to provide
Quote:

Copy of your current lease, if you rent your own apartment. If you do not have a lease, a notarized letter from your landlord.

Copies of your most recent electric and gas bills (in your name and showing your current address).

If you do not rent your own apartment and you are living with someone else, bring a notarized letter from your housemate along with a copy of their lease and copies of their utility bills.
for proof of ability to pay rent i was given 2 options.

Quote:
Applicants have the choice of either providing 12 months of complete rent payments or consenting to a credit review.

« Option 1 - If you wish to provide rental payment history, you must bring:

Proof of the amount you are supposed to pay in rent monthly, like your lease, a notarized affidavit from the building owner or manager, etc.

AND

Proof that you have paid the full rent each month for the last 12 months. For example:

o Formal rent receipts

o Evidence of monthly withdrawals, payments, or transfers, e.g., bank statements

o Money order receipts or copies

o Canceled checks

o Landlord’s written record of rent payments, i.e., rent ledger

« If the evidence of rent payments that you provide is incomplete or difficult to verify, you may provide your written consent to the Marketing Agent to contact your current/previous building owner or manager for a rent ledger.

« Option 2 - If you do not wish to provide rental payment history, or are unable to, you may consent to a credit review.

« Has another building manager, owner, real estate broker, or other building representative run a credit check for you within the last 30 days?

o Yes: bring your copy of the credit check. You could avoid an additional credit check and fee.

o No: be prepared to pay the non-refundable credit check fee of $20.00 (maximum)

Old 07-17-2020, 06:14 AM

15 posts, read 14,090 times
Thank you! Those lists are very helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery