Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2021, 09:58 PM

51 posts, read 74,416 times

Advertisements

Like many people I lost my job and am living on unemployment. I’ve taken a temp job but it ended in January. I applied for a the Linden Blvd when my income was much higher. But now that it’s lower I may qualify for the lowest AMI. Should I try and contact them to let them know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 10:24 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,754,230 times
If they contact you, you will have an opportunity to update your information then.

Old 01-15-2021, 10:40 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,604,400 times
I agree with randomperson2. Plus, I don't know how you would even get through to someone at the marketing agency. Trust me, they don't want to hear from you unless you are the next person on their list.

Besides, by the time you get called, maybe you will be working again.

The only downside to this is that lower-priced apartments tend to be grabbed first. The 130% and 165% units hang around for a while because people making that much money tend to have more options for housing.

So if you get called for the higher bracket and hand in your documents, the agent will see that you qualify for a lower AMI unit. But you have to hope there will be one available. If there is, you will qualify for that, no problem.

Luckily, for this building, there are lots of income brackets, so your odds of fitting into one would be better. (Some buildings are only 130%, for instance.)

Do you have community preference for this, or are you in any other preference group?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: