Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2022, 04:04 PM

7 posts, read 10,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
Question for those who have already moved. When you discontinue your Con Ed service at your current location, do you choose the "stop" option or "move to a new address"? I know electricity is included in the air conditioner fee but I'm not sure if Con Ed still needs to be updated.
I stopped my ConEd service. Based off of all the documents, it seems like there is no need to have ConEd transfer service. However, I’m sure that will change when/if they get approval to start submetering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2022, 06:08 AM

151 posts, read 200,010 times
Thanks everyone!

Old 04-21-2022, 05:59 AM

269 posts, read 334,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacritousalpaca View Post
I didn't sign up for a booth (I'm rattling around in this one-bedroom with a small studio's worth of belongings, so I'm trying to get more stuff, not less haha) but am hoping to be able to shop there! I'll stop by to say hi if I do.
I'm so glad to hear you say that! I've been here since January and I'm feel like I'm having growing pains. Feel free to message me if you want to compare notes...

Hi everyone! I admit the thread is much less compelling after moving in. I think of all the "waiters" and hope you get the place of your dreams!

Old 04-21-2022, 07:48 AM

239 posts, read 321,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alacritousalpaca View Post
I didn't sign up for a booth (I'm rattling around in this one-bedroom with a small studio's worth of belongings, so I'm trying to get more stuff, not less haha) but am hoping to be able to shop there! I'll stop by to say hi if I do.
Good time to pick up some things as, well as the FB page. I bought a lamp there and, will be listing a few items too.

Old 04-21-2022, 11:26 AM

Which FB page is that? I picked up my keys today!

Back to the screens question - at the welcome center they said there were two different kinds - one that is double (…panes, I think?) and one that is single. I didn’t really understand. Can anyone explain this to me and/or make suggestions?

Old 04-21-2022, 11:36 AM

239 posts, read 321,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
Which FB page is that? I picked up my keys today!

Back to the screens question - at the welcome center they said there were two different kinds - one that is double (…panes, I think?) and one that is single. I didn’t really understand. Can anyone explain this to me and/or make suggestions?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/kaylaslist/?ref=share

Old 04-21-2022, 11:50 AM

4,774 posts, read 6,571,114 times
There's also the Buy Nothing group for Stuy Town/Gramercy on Facebook. That is where people give away stuff for free, and you can also post requests of what you need. You can say you're just moving in. Lots of people do that.

As far as the screens go, I don't know what the person means by double versus single. The living room window opens on both sides, so two screens are needed. The bedroom windows open only on one side. (The other part that opens will contain an A/C unit, so no screen needed there.)

What size apartment do you have, Mickey? I think you said a one-bedroom, right? So for screens you would need:

kitchen: one screen
bathroom: one screen
living room: two screens, one for each side of window
bedroom: It depends if you have two windows (cross ventilation) or one bigger one. If you have two windows you would need two screens, and if you have one window you would need one screen.

Old 04-21-2022, 11:55 AM

Thanks -
Yes, one bedroom and one window in the bedroom.

Old 04-21-2022, 05:29 PM

234 posts, read 290,474 times
Hey all! Just wanted to give you an update in case anyone is waiting on a call back for a 2 bedroom.

I applied for a 2 bed with a log of #37xx and got a request for documents yesterday. I currently live in a housing connect apartment in Greenpoint so I don’t think I’m going to move forward with Stuytown just because all of my friends and family are in Brooklyn and it’s very convenient for me. My current building is also very nice and affordable.

Please feel free to reply if anyone has questions.

Also, do you think I’m making the wrong call staying in Brooklyn? I mean, passing up Manhattan seems criminal, right? Lol!

Old 04-21-2022, 05:33 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posthomealone View Post
Hey all! Just wanted to give you an update in case anyone is waiting on a call back for a 2 bedroom.

I applied for a 2 bed with a log of #37xx and got a request for documents yesterday. I currently live in a housing connect apartment in Greenpoint so I don’t think I’m going to move forward with Stuytown just because all of my friends and family are in Brooklyn and it’s very convenient for me. My current building is also very nice and affordable.

Please feel free to reply if anyone has questions.

Also, do you think I’m making the wrong call staying in Brooklyn? I mean, passing up Manhattan seems criminal, right? Lol!
No offence intended, but don't know why people ask those sort of questions. Only *you* know what best suits your particular situation.

All my family is on Staten Island and New Jersey, but moved to Manhattan for a shorter and easier commute to work. However means spend quite a lot of time driving out to the Rock or on GSP/NJTP, which I don't mind. Well not yet anyway. Once hit age when driving becomes more of a chore to be dreaded may change my mind....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery