Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 09:11 PM

586 posts, read 592,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d826 View Post
Just another update, I saw the studio layouts on Thursday. Had my file sent to HPD on Friday and was approved today (super quick!), but ultimately I decided to pull out of lease signing because I really couldn't see myself leaving my rent-stabilized one-bedroom to downgrade to a studio for $300 more a month, albeit in a really nice building with all the amenities. As soon as I wrote the email declining, I got contacted to submit documents for another building (diff. neighborhood) for the exact same price but for a one-bedroom. Granted not as nice with the amenities, but I've been contacted a lot to submit documents for buildings so I think I have a good chance of landing something I like eventually.

They seemed to still be finishing up some of the units and the gym area so they said I could choose my move-in date for 2 months from now if I wanted. Which is helpful as I would have to break my lease. Even though I didn't go for it, I think it's a really good deal for the area and all the amenities you get (the doorwoman was extremely nice!). The studio unit I chose was 529 sq ft which is bigger than some of the other lottery buildings in the area. Happy to upload videos of the building for anyone interested.
Upload the video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 09:56 PM

89 posts, read 97,232 times
Here y'all go. You'll see less of the smaller studios as I wasn't interested in those, but they do have a small nook at the front near the door that you could make into an office. You can see the floorplans on the website and Housing Connect has the sq footage listed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zhfn32tkh...FoiU8Nzfa?dl=0

Old 10-19-2021, 07:53 AM

16 posts, read 15,723 times
I'm log#7XX and they called me to submit paperwork and view apartments mid July. I viewed 1 beds and studios and submitted paperwork. Immediately after the viewing, I emailed them saying I want a 1 bed. They responded saying no more 1 beds are available. I couldn't believe it because I'm literally log#7XX and why would you show me the units if they're no longer available? I understand that the units go quickly but it's was just really fishy. Anyway, I believed them because what else can I do and told them to keep me posted if any 1 beds open up. Now d826 is saying they told her there's a 1 bed available meaning the agency was and is lying to me. Can I file a complaint with HPD?

Old 10-19-2021, 04:23 PM

89 posts, read 97,232 times
So when I got the initial email to submit docs they said "we've reached your log number for further processing for the affordable housing at 834 Pacific St.- Studio Apartment currently available. (as well as 1 one bedroom)"

After they reviewed I asked if all the units I would be viewing would be studios and they said the 1 bedroom was no longer available, so I assumed it had just been taken since it had only been a few days. Granted someone could have backed out like I did after you viewed in July but they should have at least contacted you since your log is lower than mine. But it could be up to the agency for discretion about waitlists.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:39 AM

603 posts, read 607,915 times
Log # 24xx

Email for documents. Withdrew.

The early Google reviews for this building have been horrible.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:03 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,881,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
Log # 24xx

Email for documents. Withdrew.

The early Google reviews for this building have been horrible.
Yeah, they just sent me an email saying “This your 2nd and final notice” never got a first. Anyways, no interest in a studio… also crappy reviews online. Hard pass.

Old 03-30-2022, 11:24 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,048,137 times
Just got asked for documents for this - was Log 72xx. Didn't say whether studio or 1 bed but I would guess studio. I would pass anyway, but the other comments made me look at the reviews, the ones on openigloo are even worse than the Google ones, so it does seem like a hard pass.

EDIT: It's for a studio, and offering a month free rent.

Last edited by popartist; 03-30-2022 at 11:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery