Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 01:03 PM

515 posts, read 530,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
I’m so happy you got your dream apartment been on this forum almost 2yrs going back forth with you and I just wanna say congratulations. 6yrs is long but it definitely is worth it for this beauty.
Thank you Lexy! It was definitely worth the wait, thank goodness!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawavvii View Post
You’re so lucky and I’m proud of you amongst the feeling of happiness as well. I received another lottery but this time it’s on Housing 2 and it’s the absolute worst uploading documents and getting contact with anyone . I’m just going to have faith it all works out in the end.
Thank you Lala! Hang in there I know the process sucks and we all go through many periods of wanting to give up but eventually what I did was I just sucked it up and kept applying because I wasn't losing anything by applying and submitting all my documents whenever requested. Stay hopeful! I have no doubt everyone on here will get their shot at an apartment too.

Have you tried reporting the site issues to HPD? They are pretty responsive via email.

Old 03-09-2021, 01:12 PM

6,702 posts, read 6,096,823 times
Congratulations, Mimilove! You so deserve it! Enjoy!!

Old 03-09-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Congratulations, Mimilove! You so deserve it! Enjoy!!
Thank you stormgal!

Old 03-09-2021, 03:04 PM

77 posts, read 74,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
Thank you Lala! Hang in there I know the process sucks and we all go through many periods of wanting to give up but eventually what I did was I just sucked it up and kept applying because I wasn't losing anything by applying and submitting all my documents whenever requested. Stay hopeful! I have no doubt everyone on here will get their shot at an apartment too.

Have you tried reporting the site issues to HPD? They are pretty responsive via email.
Thank you so much for the support! And once again I’m happy for you as you truly deserve it! Yes I have and unfortunately no response. I’ll just enjoy this lottery apartment I won last year until I hear the news about this one

Old 03-09-2021, 04:06 PM

94 posts, read 107,322 times
Congratulations Mimi! I don't come on here often, but I do know your username enough to know that you're constantly posting and helping people on their journey. I'm sorry it took so long for you, but so glad you found a great apartment in a great area!

Old 03-09-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtoNYC23 View Post
Congratulations Mimi! I don't come on here often, but I do know your username enough to know that you're constantly posting and helping people on their journey. I'm sorry it took so long for you, but so glad you found a great apartment in a great area!
Thank you LA! I always try to help and give any information I can. I know we all in here want the same when it comes to these lotteries and we all deserve our shot.

Old 03-09-2021, 05:28 PM

5,784 posts, read 2,684,770 times
So happy for you MimiLove!
It looks like a beautiful apt/building with a great layout.
Hopefully you will love it and can stay for a long time.
I can't imagine a better apt too be honest.
You each get your own bathroom and laundry in your apt. That's gold right there

Old 03-10-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sSitcom View Post
So happy for you MimiLove!
It looks like a beautiful apt/building with a great layout.
Hopefully you will love it and can stay for a long time.
I can't imagine a better apt too be honest.
You each get your own bathroom and laundry in your apt. That's gold right there
Thank you! It's really hitting the lottery! LOL

Old 03-10-2021, 01:05 PM

605 posts, read 610,000 times
Congrats Mimilove! I know exactly how you feel!!!, it's basically a dream come true! Happy for you!!! For others, keep pushing!!! Took her 6 years!!! I started applying about 3 years ago, just keep at it!

Mimilove, enjoy your new home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery