Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 913 times

Advertisements

Good afternoon,

I'm writing to find out if anyone has experienced what I am currently going through with the application process at the crossing. They reached out to me in July of 2020 sending me an application packet requesting bank statements, paystubs, tax returns, employment verification, asset verification, money order for a background check and etc.

I sent in all requested documents by September and they forwarded my file to an associate there who has since requested many of the same documents repeatedly over the course of 8 months and I've provided them.

But then she picked apart the documents sent, requesting that they'd be done over while citing nonsensical/trivial reasons. Between myself, my bank, and my job we'd collectively sent anything requested

When we last spoke, which was as recent as 1/01/2021 she stated ( in writing ) that everything was approved, and the file had been sent to HPD and was also approved. Now I was just waiting for an interview date.

But then in February, she sated she needed a new money order because the amount they initially requested was in error and that they couldn't use it. ( Even though they signed the first one, and it was a greater amount then the one they were now requesting )

So I sent that too, and asked yet again when I could expect to see the place and discuss rent. She said they were waiting for approval from the city to show the units but they were expecting to move people in my March 1 2021.

Now that we are here in March I received a phone call from a complete different associate who sated that he needed to "update" my file with all news documents because HPD needs stipulates they all be within 120 days

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to file a complaint? Please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2021, 10:52 AM

203 posts, read 265,280 times
Sounds like they're really disorganized.

Old 03-10-2021, 11:12 AM

515 posts, read 527,664 times
Yes like pink snake said sounds like they are disorganized. However, they must request updated documents if the ones you submitted have passed the 120 day mark.

Old 03-10-2021, 01:47 PM

50 posts, read 54,434 times
It's most definitely a frustrating process, but there are allowed to ask you for updated documents. Are there people living in the building already because they may be waiting for a certificate of occupancy, if thats the case thats why they haven't moved forward with giving you a lease yet. This happened to me in the past, i was approved and than 6 months late when they were ready to move people in i was not approved because my income changed.

Old 04-25-2021, 07:00 AM

168 posts, read 178,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPD Advocate View Post
Good afternoon,

I'm writing to find out if anyone has experienced what I am currently going through with the application process at the crossing. They reached out to me in July of 2020 sending me an application packet requesting bank statements, paystubs, tax returns, employment verification, asset verification, money order for a background check and etc.

I sent in all requested documents by September and they forwarded my file to an associate there who has since requested many of the same documents repeatedly over the course of 8 months and I've provided them.

But then she picked apart the documents sent, requesting that they'd be done over while citing nonsensical/trivial reasons. Between myself, my bank, and my job we'd collectively sent anything requested

When we last spoke, which was as recent as 1/01/2021 she stated ( in writing ) that everything was approved, and the file had been sent to HPD and was also approved. Now I was just waiting for an interview date.

But then in February, she sated she needed a new money order because the amount they initially requested was in error and that they couldn't use it. ( Even though they signed the first one, and it was a greater amount then the one they were now requesting )

So I sent that too, and asked yet again when I could expect to see the place and discuss rent. She said they were waiting for approval from the city to show the units but they were expecting to move people in my March 1 2021.

Now that we are here in March I received a phone call from a complete different associate who sated that he needed to "update" my file with all news documents because HPD needs stipulates they all be within 120 days

Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to file a complaint? Please let me know.
Currently looking into filing a complaint now. An agent initially reached out to me in May 2020 asking about my interest and stated I qualified for a 1 & 2 Bdr apt & asked which one I was interested in. Sept 2020 I received an email for documents (6 MONTHS WORTH), December 2020 received an email to UPDATE documents (additional 3 months) January 2021 I received an email stating my file was approved & I was only waiting for a move in date. Feb-March 2021 I call the agent weekly no updates. Reach out to the agent the end of April as I see a certificate is now available for my building but once again NO communication from the agent but told I should expect a move in date shortly as I’ve been told since January. Friday I receive a call from a new agent being told that my ENTIRE FILE is expired everything has to be completed again. I need to file a complaint ASAP. Who has any info?

Old 04-25-2021, 11:42 AM

76 posts, read 89,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaDarling7708 View Post
Currently looking into filing a complaint now. An agent initially reached out to me in May 2020 asking about my interest and stated I qualified for a 1 & 2 Bdr apt & asked which one I was interested in. Sept 2020 I received an email for documents (6 MONTHS WORTH), December 2020 received an email to UPDATE documents (additional 3 months) January 2021 I received an email stating my file was approved & I was only waiting for a move in date. Feb-March 2021 I call the agent weekly no updates. Reach out to the agent the end of April as I see a certificate is now available for my building but once again NO communication from the agent but told I should expect a move in date shortly as I’ve been told since January. Friday I receive a call from a new agent being told that my ENTIRE FILE is expired everything has to be completed again. I need to file a complaint ASAP. Who has any info?
I’m so sorry this happened to you !! I would suggest calling the agent back on Monday and asking if the file was also approved by the city and if they could hold your unit while you have to go through the process again.

Unfortunately, after 120 days they have to ask for new documents which is why they said the entire file is expired. They must have gotten back to your number or up to the process to call you back to move forward and noticed the dates . I don’t really know if a complaint is the next step as after 120 days pass they have to get new documents .

Old 04-25-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passthepotatochips View Post
I’m so sorry this happened to you !! I would suggest calling the agent back on Monday and asking if the file was also approved by the city and if they could hold your unit while you have to go through the process again.

Unfortunately, after 120 days they have to ask for new documents which is why they said the entire file is expired. They must have gotten back to your number or up to the process to call you back to move forward and noticed the dates . I don’t really know if a complaint is the next step as after 120 days pass they have to get new documents .
The new agent says they just need my updated application and income but something seems off. I started this process Sept 2020 so technically January 2021 made 120 days but it’s a lot to process. I work the same hours they do (office job) so calling out of work or being late just to handle something I did already is super frustrating & thanks because I’m definitely speaking to management tomorrow this is unacceptable.

Old 04-25-2021, 12:44 PM

200 posts, read 221,354 times
may consider editing HEADLINE, cuz this is a solid data-point forum - and HEADLINE is disrupting order

Old 04-25-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPD Advocate View Post
Good afternoon,

Did you ever receive a move in date or any updates on your file?

Old 04-25-2021, 10:09 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,757,262 times
They do this constantly--it's infuriating. But the 120 days is a hard requirement, so if their slow butts don't process your paperwork in time, it's back to square one. I remember once begging the agent just to tell me when he was actually ready to process my file and then I would send him everything he needed. No dice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery