Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 01:57 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,929,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
I went last Friday to view the apt I was offered and turned it down. The apartments are ridiculously small with tiny kitchens and the feel of the building is like a “center.” There are 2 sliding doors to the front entrance of the building and I made the mistake of entering the sliding door on the right which is the shelter side. The lobby is beautiful, however, and the backyard is going to make for a gorgeous place to unwind when the Spring and Summer hit. The neighborhood is very nice with plenty of nice places to eat along Columbus and Amsterdam Aves; seems like a very safe neighborhood, to me. And, there is still some construction going on, so there are a lot of workers moving about the building.

IMO, if you’re someone used to living in a “regular” building with a “residential” feel to it, you’re probably not gonna want to live here and the small size of the apartments will absolutely throw you off. But, see the building first and not let the prejudice of homeless/transitioning seniors as your neighbors, stop you from giving it consideration.
essentially on par with what I knew, which is why I didn't like it. thanks for confirming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 12:42 AM

1 posts, read 305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGC74 View Post
Finally, I was informed yesterday that the city accepted my application. However, because it’s been several months since I last sent in documents, I have to resend all of my updated financial info for income verification. Not worried about that - nothing with my info has changed since October, so I’m set. Now, I just have to speak with the management of the building I’m in now to find out what the penalty will be for me breaking my lease; that will be the decision-maker for whether I take this new apt. or not.

How are you guys doing with your applications? Have you been contacted and moving through the process? Would love to get an update. Best to all of you!!

Hello. I read all your experience with this lottery.
I would like to know if when you went to see the apartment, (before you refused it), the apartment that they showed you, was the same number and letter of the unit that they had assigned to you on the Tenant Income Certification form (TIC) ? Or they show you another unit with different number and letter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: