Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2023, 11:07 PM

10 posts, read 18,709 times

Advertisements

Just moved in!! After what felt like the most drawn out process, we were finally approved - signed the lease and made ourselves at home!

Log 12xxx
No prefs
2bd

Contacted back in sept, toured in October, silence all November , December came with a handful of back and forths ( please be prepared to explain all deposits and getting those notarized
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2023, 11:18 PM

10 posts, read 18,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotone2020 View Post
Just moved in!! After what felt like the most drawn out process, we were finally approved - signed the lease and made ourselves at home!

Log 12xxx
No prefs
2bd

Contacted back in sept, toured in October, silence all November , December came with a handful of back and forths ( please be prepared to explain all deposits and getting those notarized
We were approved right before the holidays! Some things that caught me off guard were -
-The need to move in within 30 days
-$50 amenity fee is everyone in the household or no one. Can opt in anytime but can’t opt out until renewals

Happy New Year everyone! Sending you all positive vibes while on your HC journey!

Old 01-10-2023, 07:35 AM

36 posts, read 46,425 times
Quote:
We were approved right before the holidays! Some things that caught me off guard were -
-The need to move in within 30 days
-$50 amenity fee is everyone in the household or no one. Can opt in anytime but can’t opt out until renewals

Happy New Year everyone! Sending you all positive vibes while on your HC journey!
Congrats @igotone2020 on your new home!!! What's you first impressions of the building, commute, park, local spots, etc,

Old 01-10-2023, 07:36 AM

Default Updates

Has anyone else heard back recently? I'm curious how quickly they are reaching out to numbers.

Old 01-10-2023, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,982 times
Hi everyone! Wanted to ask a question on this - I got an email to move forward my application for this building and had a couple back and forths on the documents they need from me already(all bank accounts/paypal/etc).

But I'm a bit worried about when they can get to processing me since they said it could be a few months to get to my log number. Seems like my log number is pretty low @ #52XXX. Is there a chance that they don't get to my number for viewing?

Thank you!!

Old 01-11-2023, 09:58 AM

23 posts, read 29,077 times
Hi all - for those who've moved in, did you do the inspection tour before moving in? Not sure if we should bother, or if we can do it on our lease start date. Thank you!

Old 01-12-2023, 08:47 AM

Default Contact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynDee View Post
wow , Im general pop with a Log of 8XXX
I haven't been called at all .
@BklynDee have you been contacted yet?

Old 01-12-2023, 01:45 PM

186 posts, read 268,593 times
nope

Old 01-13-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynDee View Post
nope
@BklynDee, I havn't either (log #7XXX) so seems like we're in the same boat. Fingers crossed we hear back soon-ish!

Old 01-14-2023, 12:19 PM

16 posts, read 25,399 times
Quote:
Congrats on moving in! Hoping to join you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackgopack4 View Post
Very long and tedious/frustrating process for sure but at least it is moving.
Update: no updates yet unfortunately. Last got a request for more documents on 12/21 requesting them by 12/23. Provided them same day. No response yet from the eligibility associate. Asked if they could provide confirmation when my documentation was submitted to the city but they did not acknowledge that response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery