Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2021, 05:56 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,754,230 times

Advertisements

Appeal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2021, 05:29 PM

42 posts, read 47,697 times
I Have A Question. I Was Asked To Submit Documents On 8/6. Then The Management Company Requested More Documents On 8/24.. And Then They Sent Me Documents To Sign Such As Asset Certification Forms And Child Support/Alimony Paperwork.. But Not One Of The Documents Had A Unit Number On It?? Does Anyone Know What This Means??

Old 09-24-2021, 05:36 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,604,400 times
You don't get a unit number until the very end, when you're processed and approved and the marketing agent is ready to send your file to HPD for confirmation. To do that last step, a unit number has to be assigned to you.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:46 PM

65 posts, read 57,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missliz3 View Post
I’m going to Appel. She told me that they couldn’t Open the documents, and my question is why she didn’t send a an email asking me to fax it?
See that right there… thats my biggest fear, one of these case workers playing with me like I got time for games, and me not ending up with a potential apartment because of another person negligence. Hope it works out for you. Thats crazy.

Old 09-26-2021, 08:01 AM

164 posts, read 194,390 times
Hoping for some insight on this - anything is greatly appreciated!

1) if I am submitting documents digitally via housing connect upload, are photos of IDs acceptable as 'copies'? I don't have a scanner on hand, but since I'm not handing a physical file of papers, I was hoping I could just send photos of the necessary IDs (state and social security card).

2) I'm waiting on some information to access a credit union account. I don't use this account; it was opened as part of a personal loan program. I had $5 put in that account when it opened, no activity otherwise. I called the union and requested they send the information I need so I can access the account and get a statement from it, but I'm worried it might not arrive within the 10 day window. I'll still submit my documents if I don't get that statement, but I'm wondering if something like that could seriously impact my application?

Old 09-26-2021, 08:58 AM

100 posts, read 129,086 times
I can answer your first question, photos are fine. Some people on different threads have stated that they’ve uploaded pictures. If you have an iPhone, there is a scanner in the notes app.

Old 09-26-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavendar98 View Post
I can answer your first question, photos are fine. Some people on different threads have stated that they’ve uploaded pictures. If you have an iPhone, there is a scanner in the notes app.

WHOA did not know that about the iPhone - will give that a try. Thanks for the tip - I'll try that while I wait on the credit union's docs...

Old 09-26-2021, 10:51 AM

248 posts, read 404,344 times
As for your second question, you should be fine as long as your main bank accounts are included in the initial drop, especially since the account in question doesn't affect anything. You can always email them the CU statements later with an explanation.

Old 09-26-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyBiscuits View Post
As for your second question, you should be fine as long as your main bank accounts are included in the initial drop, especially since the account in question doesn't affect anything. You can always email them the CU statements later with an explanation.

GOOD to know! That's the only one holding up my application, and it feels like it shouldn't matter since I have not touched it since opening (hence why I don't even know my member number/can't login to online banking).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: