Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 09:33 AM

28 posts, read 33,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgg3000 View Post
I don't understand what just happened. I was approved received an email to view and was just contacted and advised I am now on hold. Should I still go view. I have CB preference. What does this mean?

What is your log number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 08:39 AM

15 posts, read 12,839 times
Maybe the apartment isn't finished? Did they say anything else?

Old 03-11-2022, 07:44 AM

37 posts, read 37,861 times
For those who viewed the apartments last weekend, what did you think?

I viewed a one-bedroom and I am overall very happy with it

A few concerns: the lack of overhead lighting in the living room and bedroom. There will need to be quite a few lamps, which concerns me because the tenant is responsible for the electricity bill.

Also, for the one bedroom, there's only one closet, in the bedroom, which isn't that big. I need more closet space, but I guess an armoire and a coat rack would work?

Everything else is great, and I'm over the moon about the W/D in unit. Apparently there will also be a shared laundry room in the building. The neighborhood is fantastic: a huge rec center is around the corner, and the building is within walking distance of the restaurants on Franklin Ave, the Botanical Gardens, and the Brooklyn Museum.

So excited!

Old 03-11-2022, 12:36 PM

89 posts, read 87,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyaneC View Post
Yes! So excited to finally see the apartment!

That sounds like a plan! You can try to reach out again maybe next week, because it looks like they’re still contacting applicants, which means there are still some apartments available. Best of luck to you!
At this point I’m not sure. A lot of people on here have been approved. My application still says submitted, no changes. The Housing Connect process is very disheartening. Being a born and raised NYer it feels like I can no longer afford to live here smh.

Old 03-11-2022, 12:46 PM

37 posts, read 37,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliciaWin05 View Post
At this point I’m not sure. A lot of people on here have been approved. My application still says submitted, no changes. The Housing Connect process is very disheartening. Being a born and raised NYer it feels like I can no longer afford to live here smh.
Have you tried HPD?

Affordable Housing Lottery Helpline: 212-863-7990
Housing Connect inquiries: nychousingconnect@hpd.nyc.gov

Contact them as soon as you can.

And please try not to get disheartened. I have been applying for lottery apartments since 2014, and have received so many high log numbers, rejections, etc.. Sometimes I got so far in the process, and I still never got anything. It was devastating.

Keep applying no matter what and eventually a door will open for you.

Old 03-11-2022, 01:58 PM

8 posts, read 7,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyaneC View Post
For those who viewed the apartments last weekend, what did you think?

I viewed a one-bedroom and I am overall very happy with it

A few concerns: the lack of overhead lighting in the living room and bedroom. There will need to be quite a few lamps, which concerns me because the tenant is responsible for the electricity bill.

Also, for the one bedroom, there's only one closet, in the bedroom, which isn't that big. I need more closet space, but I guess an armoire and a coat rack would work?

Everything else is great, and I'm over the moon about the W/D in unit. Apparently there will also be a shared laundry room in the building. The neighborhood is fantastic: a huge rec center is around the corner, and the building is within walking distance of the restaurants on Franklin Ave, the Botanical Gardens, and the Brooklyn Museum.

So excited!
HI,

Yes I did view the apt last Saturday. I saw the 2 bedroom unit and was a lil sadden that the rooms was on the small side with only 2 small closets, through out the whole apt. But overall I'm excited and happy with W/D and no bulky A/C units in the windows and I can control my own temp. Looking forward to meeting some of my new neighbors . Good luck everyone

Last edited by PrettyTee718; 03-11-2022 at 02:22 PM..

Old 03-11-2022, 02:28 PM

I viewed a one bedroom as well. I was pretty content with it especially the w/d. The light situation is a concern but I'm out most of the day so I can make do with lamps. With the lack of closet space I do have to get creative with storage and will figure something out. Excited to meet my neighbors as well! The rooms are on the small side especially when I considered my bedroom set and not sure if all of my pieces will fit.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:44 PM

Hey Guys Happy Monday, Has anyone heard from Management as yet for Lease Signing !!! Was told someone well reach out to schedule lease signing. They asked when would I like to move in I said April 1st. you would think they would want to give you time to move.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:53 PM

They contacted me this morning to sign this week. They have dates all week and they are located in the Bronx.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:05 PM

Thanks for the info did the call you or email you.... The Bronx ughhh lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: