Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2021, 05:15 PM

18 posts, read 21,032 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My applications got selected and the management is asking for documents
It's my first time doing this and I'm leaving my parents apartment

I'm really excited and hope I can get the apartment

But there are a few confusing requests:

1. I got asked for my source of income and how much. I make $16 an hour but every week my hours are different. So do I put $16 an hour or give an average to the nearest $100 as to what I make per week.

2. A few of the documents, I don't have and never needed, (Like child support, veterans, etc)
do I not need to worry about that?

3. For the bank statement portion, it states:
"Last Six (6) Complete consecutive checking account statements (all pages for
example 1 of 6, all 6 pages must be submitted) for all household members 18+
with a checking account."

Am I supposed to send 6 months of the bank statement or actual 6 pages of different months of the bank statement for example, for chase each month has different pages for the bank statements so Aug is 2 pages, July is 2 pages, and June is 4, do I send it like that or just 6 months worth.

4. It asks for the most recent electric bill and/or phone bill
and as I stated I live with my parents. My father pays for both the phone and rent and I'm under his plan.
Do I still submit it with his name or am I supposed to do something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 06:34 PM

106 posts, read 92,207 times
Just summit you last six pay stubs and your last six month bank statement. What ever pages your statement come with for the month summit it. If the coned isn’t in your name you don’t have to send it at all. Tell them your parents pay those bills and they not in your name.you should be good.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:52 PM

28 posts, read 31,038 times
Re: #1, I think the number they're looking for is annual income, not weekly or hourly, so you'd have to estimate that (or base it on past years' tax returns if you've had the job for a while). This income guide has a section on how to calculate annual income from hourly wages that might be helpful: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...de-english.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: