Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 11:21 AM

66 posts, read 79,330 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I have some really low log #s am am looking to get my documents in place ASAP. I currently live with my folks, and my understanding is that I would need a notarized letter saying I live with them. Some questions:

1. Is there a specific document template I would need to use? Are there any examples of such a document that I can reference?
2. Where would I go to get the document notarized? Is a bank sufficient?

Any insights or additional tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 11:54 AM

580 posts, read 727,834 times
I'm in a similar situation. I do have a lease affidavit, but asked one of the building managements if I would also need a notarized letter. I was told by them that the lease affidavit would be enough if I have that.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:06 PM

66 posts, read 79,330 times
How did you get a lease affidavit? Was it provided to you by an HDC agent or is this a standard document I can find online? Thank you!

Old 09-20-2021, 12:46 PM

My family just has the document. Wasn't provided by HDC. But the affidavit basically shows everyone living in the household and our information. Find out from your family what they have.

We have to do an affidavit every year where we live.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:51 PM

Keep in mind if your family doesn't have the affidavit then the notarized letter will be fine. I suppose you can get it notarized anywhere, including banks. There's a few people on here that had to do that so hopefully they see this thread and can provide an answer from experience.

Old 09-20-2021, 01:33 PM

3,132 posts, read 2,724,468 times
Banks will usually do it for their customers. UPS stores often offer this service, too. Call to check before you go in, though; even if they offer the service, their notary/ies may not be in at that particular moment.

Old 09-20-2021, 06:37 PM

149 posts, read 192,824 times
I got my landlady to sign just literally two sentences - my name, when I moved in and what was the ren and get it notary stamped at a random driving school for two bucks. Worked perfectly.

Old 09-20-2021, 07:27 PM

248 posts, read 401,966 times
My bank notarized about 10 billion documents for me for free during my divorce and subsequent property transfers. Definitely call first. Law offices often have notaries as well, but they won't be free unless you're a client. If you aren't a US citizen, your local Consulate will likely have a notary.

Old 07-20-2023, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 657 times
As someone looking to obtain a notarized letter for proof of residency, I can provide answers to your questions. Here are the responses:

Is there a specific document template I would need to use? Are there any examples of such a document that I can reference?
There is no specific template required for a proof of residency letter. However, the document typically includes the following information:

Date of the letter
Your full name
Your address (your parents' address in this case)
Full names of your parents
Statement indicating the need for notarization of the residency letter
Signature area for notarization
You can find examples of proof of residency letters by checking government websites, notary websites, or online template resources.

Where would I go to get the document notarized? Is a bank sufficient?
There are various places where you can get a document notarized. These include notary publics, banks, lawyers, or some official institutions. A bank is typically a suitable place to have the document notarized. However, it's important to check the working hours and any required documents or fees with the notaries or other entities providing notarization services.

Additionally, remember to bring your identification document (such as a passport or driver's license) and any other required documents when getting the document notarized.

I hope this information helps. Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: