Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2021, 06:19 PM

70 posts, read 89,350 times

Advertisements

hey everyone... so in after applying to a couple of lottery I got a new job which comes with higher income which will qualify me for more units/better units in certain lotteries .... I already changed my income in housing connect.

I was wondering when/if I'm contacted for any lotteries that I applied to pre-new job would they be considering me for my old income or my new one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 06:58 PM

88 posts, read 80,861 times
I've been in the exact same situation. Unlike the old HC website, once your profile is selected, they would be using the new info. inputted in your profile. The only instance that I've noticed that they did not use the new info., is if the lottery was already updated with a "pending" status. The "pending" status is when your profile has been reviewed, but is "locked" (not accepted yet - requested for documents or rejected - due to ineligibility or etc.).

Hope this helps!

Old 10-05-2021, 11:08 PM

3,160 posts, read 2,763,881 times
But--that doesn't actually affect *eligibility*. Say you apply for a development that has 60% and 100% AMI units. At the time you apply, you fall into the 60% band. If, at the time of review, you fall into neither band, you will be rejected. But if you now fall into the 100% band, you will be considered for available units in *that* band, not 60%.

In the old days, they did the initial evaluation based on your income at time of application, which meant people could be rejected or brought in for interviews inappropriately if their income had later changed. The system didn't update prior applications when you updated your income on the site (I think in part to discourage gaming). I guess HC2 allows for update of income across all your applications, which makes more sense as long as anti-fraud measures are in place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: