Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2021, 04:20 PM

248 posts, read 406,918 times

Advertisements

Did anyone else get an email from ResideNewYork about a private showing of a unit at this address today?

The email said my log # is 8xx and I had been selected to view the unit. It also said "The owner just offered a one-month concession bringing the net rent down to $2,058! While the free market goes for over $3,000."

I didn't see this address anywhere in the forum or on the new or old Housing Connect websites (not in My Applications, nor on my Dashboard), so I replied that I would like to only be contacted regarding rent stabilized units offered through Housing Connect.

They replied back saying "This lottery is conducted through Housing Connect. Please advise whether you still would like to be removed from the list."

I responded "My apologies. I don't see the lottery on my dashboard. Why did I not receive notification or a log number there?" and I have not had a reply to that yet.

I feel like this is ResideNewYork trying to market a unit to me that's not in the program, and using personal information (my email) that they obtained through my HC applications. I hope I'm wrong about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 04:53 PM

6,699 posts, read 6,088,850 times
I received a similar email but for 263 Franklin which I never applied to. But when I logged into the Housing connect site it was listed in the “my applications” section as part of those mini lotteries. I just withdrew from it. I don’t mind that they enter me in these because some of the mini lotteries are awesome. I think popartist was invited to 57 Via.

Old 10-18-2021, 05:00 PM

28 posts, read 31,230 times
I found this PDF. Seems legitimate/like the initial lottery was conducted last year (only 6 units so maybe that's why there's no thread here): https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ntPdf/1016.pdf

Old 10-18-2021, 05:14 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,049,060 times
I find sometimes there can a lag between being invited to apply and it appearing in My Applications on Housing Connect, so there probably isn't anything funky going on.

Old 10-18-2021, 06:29 PM

I get contacted for a lot of the mini lotteries as well, but they always have shown up under my HC applications. I have a hard time trusting anything/anyone that doesn't come with a document request through the site.

This one still isn't there, and the rent is too high without the concession anyway.

Old 10-18-2021, 07:32 PM

89 posts, read 97,350 times
There is a lag. I saw a dashboard request today and no email which I usually receive. Plus, with all the website issues as of late you never know. Also, would it be that big of an issue that you were contacted for lottery apartments that weren't listed? With all these people applying I wouldn't complain lol.

I've found that when Reside offers a concession there's usually a reason (unit being small) but from the photos looks like it's just the price being high from the first lottery they ran for the building.

Old 10-18-2021, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d826 View Post
Also, would it be that big of an issue that you were contacted for lottery apartments that weren't listed? With all these people applying I wouldn't complain lol.
Yes, for me it would be an issue. First I don't want marketing agencies using my personal information for unauthorized purposes. Second of all I want as fair and transparent a process as possible. There are a lot of folks worse off than I who have enough stacked against them when it comes to housing in this city.

If it's not on the books, it doesn't sit right with me, and I don't care how good a deal it is.

I'll wait to see if it pops up as a ML under my applications.

Old 10-19-2021, 02:44 PM

263 Franklin showed up on my list today and I got an official doc request through HC.

Still nothing "official" on 610 Myrtle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery