Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2021, 08:50 AM

26 posts, read 20,726 times

Advertisements

So I don't know if anyone else has had to deal with them but I've been offered to view two apartments with them.

For the first viewing, I was given a time to arrive and the agent was late - to be fair the viewing was for 5:45 on Sunday. But the agent was really not selling the place lol I've been on regular apartment viewings and those guys really try. The agent didn't even have access to the gym or laundry room and told me to view through the small view on the door. I'm 5ft you guys....

For my second viewing, I was notified one day in advance. Basically I was email Monday to view the apartment for Tuesday at 4pm which conflicts with my work schedule. I tried to reschedule for a different day in that week and they are like nope it has to be Tuesday if not we can send a video.

Viewing apartments through videos suck. You never get a feel for the place. Anyway has anyone else have had crappy experiences with reside new york?

Not to sound whiny but if I'm looking at $1,800+ apartments at least be slightly accommodating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 09:35 AM

325 posts, read 394,183 times
What i do know is that they are very pushy once they've reached your log numbers for further processing - non stop calls/emails - at least for the lotteries in the higher AMI's as they tend to be hard to fill.

Old 10-26-2021, 04:52 PM

89 posts, read 95,826 times
Yea I had this experience with one of the lotteries I saw with them. The first time I saw a few video tours via streeteasy ahead of time so I knew what the units would look like but for some reason, the agent didn't have the keys to two of the units so we could only see one (which was the smallest and on the ground floor). I arranged to see the units again the next day (a bit inconvenient for me) and by that time the unit I really wanted was already taken because someone saw it before me.

The other time I went to a different building, granted I should have asked what size units I would be seeing, but this woman really sold us on the amenities then showed us a shoebox of a studio apartment with NO CLOSET. Talking about a $1500 move-in credit so "we could go to IKEA and get a wardrobe." It's not just Reside though, I think it just depends on the agent/agency.

Old 10-28-2021, 10:08 AM

37 posts, read 54,587 times
I feel they be tricking people. Two units I was selected for with CB and mobility chances after all the process I always get a letter from them saying no more units like wtf and everyone always has had a negative feeling or vibe when dealing with this agency

Old 10-28-2021, 10:51 AM

26 posts, read 20,726 times
Yesterday I was called several times by a number and well I finally answered it was an agent from Reside asking if I made my decision on the apartment she had sent a video of. For starters, it hadn't been a full day. I literally got the video Tuesday night called me 3 times. The third call was around noon. I'm like give me a moment to think about it and she's like I have until 6pm. Like wtf? First of all the video is about 35 seconds long and the person barely captured the kitchen and didn't film the bathroom. Completely a nasty experience. I didn't even bother to email her back with a decision because she done pissed me off.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 3,557 times
has anyone had success with RESIDE? I was told to view an apartment, no update on my HC profile but reside reached out..I text as prompt to let them know im interested in the units and no reply. should I just wait for them to reach out to me? will I get a decline letter or something updated on my HC to show that they are not moving forward with me... i also noticed it was so many people at the sane viewing that I went to... this almost feels like a waste of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery