Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2021, 09:08 AM

3 posts, read 2,737 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had any experience with the Housing Partnership. They are currently reviewing my file for a unit. It's been over a month of back and forth. They have extremely rude receptionist who refuse to answer any questions regarding any required documentation, they answer questions with distasteful sarcasm and disrespect. I have never spoken to my assigned marketing agent, as everything is filtered through their unprofessional and under-skilled receptionists. Does anyone share similar experience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 06:48 PM

1 posts, read 759 times
I have had the same experience. I have not received an update in close to a month, when I called the administrative assistant she was extremely nasty! I asked for a status update and she blew me off and sarcastically said”you're not the only one with a low log number”. So far it has been a horrible wait. I was told the longest they could take is up to 6 weeks max! The amount of anxiety I am filled with is beyond stressful.

Old 11-03-2021, 01:21 PM

515 posts, read 526,832 times
They were my marketing agent for the lottery I won earlier this year.
They initially reached out on 01/14/21 for all my documents. I sent all my documents on 01/22/21 and they confirmed receipt.
I reached out for an update from them on 01/29/21 and on 02/19/21 that's when they told me that I would hear from them if/when my log number was reached. On 02/26/21 the agent who was handling my file finally reached out to let me know my file was finally being reviewed. So from there it took two weeks for me to send additional documents, view the apartment, sign everything to be sent to HPD, get approval and then sign my lease. I found out I was approved by HPD on 03/08/21 and I signed my lease on 03/12/21.

Housing partnership doesn't communicate much until they are actually processing you, at least that's what I noticed in my case.

Old 11-29-2022, 11:08 AM

74 posts, read 94,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by souniversoul View Post
I have had the same experience. I have not received an update in close to a month, when I called the administrative assistant she was extremely nasty! I asked for a status update and she blew me off and sarcastically said”you're not the only one with a low log number”. So far it has been a horrible wait. I was told the longest they could take is up to 6 weeks max! The amount of anxiety I am filled with is beyond stressful.
How was the ending situation with this marketing agency?

Old 11-29-2022, 02:42 PM

51 posts, read 55,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimilove View Post
They were my marketing agent for the lottery I won earlier this year.
They initially reached out on 01/14/21 for all my documents. I sent all my documents on 01/22/21 and they confirmed receipt.
I reached out for an update from them on 01/29/21 and on 02/19/21 that's when they told me that I would hear from them if/when my log number was reached. On 02/26/21 the agent who was handling my file finally reached out to let me know my file was finally being reviewed. So from there it took two weeks for me to send additional documents, view the apartment, sign everything to be sent to HPD, get approval and then sign my lease. I found out I was approved by HPD on 03/08/21 and I signed my lease on 03/12/21.

Housing partnership doesn't communicate much until they are actually processing you, at least that's what I noticed in my case.
Im having a similar situation with them. It’s a re-rental. Got asked to submit documents on 12/27. Documents submitted same day. Then got asked to submit additional documents on 11/2. Submitted same day with clarification. Email them on 11/10 and they stated they are currently processing applications with lower log number and once they reach my log number and my file is under review they will reach out.
I then again reached out 11/23 and the same answer.
I’m just confused on why they take long but I guess I’ll wait the 6 weeks. This Thursday i
Makes 5 weeks since first submission.

Fingers crossed everyone!

Old 11-29-2022, 04:30 PM

85 posts, read 80,697 times
If you're a mini lottery with them and do not hear back with 3-4 weeks to either do an interview or tour the building, then most likely someone with a lower log number is getting processed. Nothing is actually happening with your file even though it says "under review" or when they are requesting documents unless they let you know you are the up to be processed. If they don't tell you what is going on or you are left in the dark.. then they are putting your file as a back up but it is not being reviewed nor looked at because they are busy with the person with the lower log number.

Old 12-01-2022, 04:51 PM

101 posts, read 88,044 times
I got an email for a mini lottery that said they are processing my file. Does that mean there are people with lower log number? They’ve been impossible to get ahold of.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:55 PM

85 posts, read 80,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nylkoorb View Post
I got an email for a mini lottery that said they are processing my file. Does that mean there are people with lower log number? They’ve been impossible to get ahold of.
That is a general responce.

Did you get an interview with the agency yet? How far are you in the process? Also your log number plays a huge role into it.

If they have not gotten back to you within a 3-4 weeks of submitting documents, they are most likely looking at lower log numbers or working on other buildings.

You can ask for an update where you stand or if they are processing lower log numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery