Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 08:21 PM

4 posts, read 4,184 times

Advertisements

Hi. Is there a law or a rule that talks about how many apartments have to be shown ones the number is reached.
Also is there a rule or a law that talks about who gets to chose what building the apartments should be chosen from? ( Luna park has 20 or so buildings )

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 09:05 PM

108 posts, read 103,385 times
I was shown two apartments in building 3 and had a few days to decide which one I wanted. The apartments were a complete mess with old crappy bathrooms. I chose an apt on the 1st floor as i didn't want to deal with Elevators & lobby chatter/interactions with the abundance of old folks. I believe they expect you to make a Swift decision, or be waitlisted for a year. When studying the complex i determined I'd rather be on the 8th st side, so I'm glad that came about. How did your interview and visit go?

Old 11-18-2022, 02:28 AM

41 posts, read 26,381 times
What should I expect from Luna park? The woman who answered the phone to the appointment was rude to me already.

Old 12-08-2022, 11:25 AM

108 posts, read 103,385 times
These folks here aren't the friendliest at all. So don't expect a warm welcome. But on the contrary it's a spacious apartment, nice, quiet safe grounds, and the low cost for the apartment and parking is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maimai518 View Post
What should I
expect from Luna park? The woman who answered the phone to the appointment was rude to me already.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:54 AM

38 posts, read 43,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingelz83 View Post
These folks here aren't the friendliest at all. So don't expect a warm welcome. But on the contrary it's a spacious apartment, nice, quiet safe grounds, and the low cost for the apartment and parking is awesome.
Hi I have a relatively low log # for Luna Park and received a letter to view the 3 bed-room apartment.

The price is kind of high about $60k. I don't think I have that kind of money at this point though because I am not prepared.

Does Luna Park offer mortgages?

Last edited by nocturne9; 02-07-2023 at 09:08 AM..

Old 02-07-2023, 12:23 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturne9 View Post
Does Luna Park offer mortgages?
I don’t know if Luna Park offers mortgages. The Hebrew Free Loan Society does offer loans for Mitchell-Lama co-ops. Home Ownership Lending does Mitchell Lama. There are others.

I suggest contacting your bank today or tomorrow and ask what Mortgage Services they offer. If you have a credit union at work ask about mortgages there.

Don’t let this opportunity get away from you. Only say ‘No’ because you want to not because you couldn’t find financing. Talk with some lenders and learn how large a mortgage you qualify for, don’t just make your own guess. There might be benefits if you are a first time home buyer.

Hebrew Free Loan Society:
https://hfls.org/loan-programs/housing/

And Home Ownership Lending for Mitchell Lama:
https://www.homeownershiplending.org/

Old 02-07-2023, 01:13 PM

55 posts, read 50,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maimai518 View Post
What should I expect from Luna park? The woman who answered the phone to the appointment was rude to me already.
I was offered a one bedroom in decent condition but choose to waitlist as 450sq ft is just to small for me.
The office staff are definitely rude & not very knowledgeable (or at least choose to act like they don't have answers to questions longer than 7 words).

I also didn't like how tight the hallway to the apartment. Like idk how you would get a sofa that wasn't from Ikea inside.

Old 02-07-2023, 01:39 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
FYI, ‘holds’ are allowed generally at Mitchel Lama bldgs. Somewhere I read an applicant can do this only once, and it can count as a strike against you where you only get two strikes. A ‘pass’ can count as a strike also.

source: https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...lama-rules.pdf

The following is just the first paragraph.
(14) Any applicant on an external waiting list may file a written request with the managing agent of a housing company, with a copy provided to HPD, that his or her application be put on hold for one year provided that (i) such written request is filed by the later of (A) at least thirty days in advance of the proposed commencement of such one year hold period or (B) no more than five business days after receiving an offer from such housing company, (ii) if such applicant does not notify the managing agent of such housing company in writing, with a copy provided to HPD, at least thirty days prior to the expiration of such one year hold period that he or she would like to remain on such external waiting list, such applicant shall not be reinstated to such external waiting list at the expiration of such one year hold period, and (iii) no applicant shall be entitled to request more than one such hold during the time period in which such applicant remains on the external waiting list.

Old 02-07-2023, 04:57 PM

38 posts, read 43,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
I don’t know if Luna Park offers mortgages. The Hebrew Free Loan Society does offer loans for Mitchell-Lama co-ops. Home Ownership Lending does Mitchell Lama. There are others.

I suggest contacting your bank today or tomorrow and ask what Mortgage Services they offer. If you have a credit union at work ask about mortgages there.

Don’t let this opportunity get away from you. Only say ‘No’ because you want to not because you couldn’t find financing. Talk with some lenders and learn how large a mortgage you qualify for, don’t just make your own guess. There might be benefits if you are a first time home buyer.

Hebrew Free Loan Society:
https://hfls.org/loan-programs/housing/

And Home Ownership Lending for Mitchell Lama:
https://www.homeownershiplending.org/
I am checking out these 2 lenders. Thank you so much!

Old 02-15-2023, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,251 times
Hi, can you please recommend names of other loan servicers and what type of loan would qualify for Mitchell-Lama apartments and would likely have the best interest rates (ex: mortgage, home equity, personal loan)? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery