Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 02:09 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,445,650 times

Advertisements

I have log high 2xx and only want a 1br.

An update on my status: I was just notified that my file is processed and approved by the rental agent and I just received paperwork to sign to approve the file being sent to HPD. The agent told me HPD has been approving files for this building in 2-3 days, but within a week for sure so I should know my final status and be offered to view and get a lease late next week or early the following week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2022, 09:46 AM

My app was approved by HPD and I was invited to view the building and apartment this weekend.

Old 05-09-2022, 02:47 PM

Final update for you all, log 2xx. I viewed a 4th floor 1br this past weekend. The building was very nice and the unit was beautiful. It was on the 4th floor facing Clarkson Ave. It was the island kitchen layout, lots of counter space, and build-in shelves on the wall over the island. Living room and bedroom seemed spacious by NYC standards. Lots of closet space, a large coat closet right by the door, a decent size bedroom closet (long but not walk in), and another closet down the hall form the bathroom, plus the w/d in their own closet. Huge mirror in the bathroom (wall to shower) and a body-length mirror on the opposite wall with 2 cabinets with shelves, also build-in shelves next to the bathroom sink. I have a video of the apartment I took if anyone would like to see it.

I asked if there were any 1br available facing the courtyard but was told there were only studios (not interested). The weather was bad but the rooftop looked very nice, there are many different types of seating from loungers, chairs at tables, sofas etc. and 2 grilling stations with counters and sinks. Other amenities were very nice but unimportant to me (screening room, game room, resident lounge). The amenities are included (no extra fee) but you do have to reserve and pay to secure them for private use (a larger group/party etc.). Also FYI, the front desk is a concierge not a doorman. The desk is only staffed until 10pm on weekdays and 4pm on weekends, they mostly accept packages and take reservations for the various amenity room rather than provide security/screen visitors.

I was told this morning that I have 48 hours to accept or decline a lease and if I accept, I can choose a start date anytime until September 1st (this is great and seems unusually flexible for lottos from what I hear).

I have decided to decline the apartment even though it is beautiful. I have a great number for another building with equal and slightly better amenities (a pool) at a similar price, that will also be closer to work. Happy to answer any other questions anyone has about Lois. Good luck everyone still waiting to be contacted!

Old 05-10-2022, 06:47 AM

122 posts, read 118,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Final update for you all, log 2xx. I viewed a 4th floor 1br this past weekend. The building was very nice and the unit was beautiful. It was on the 4th floor facing Clarkson Ave. It was the island kitchen layout, lots of counter space, and build-in shelves on the wall over the island. Living room and bedroom seemed spacious by NYC standards. Lots of closet space, a large coat closet right by the door, a decent size bedroom closet (long but not walk in), and another closet down the hall form the bathroom, plus the w/d in their own closet. Huge mirror in the bathroom (wall to shower) and a body-length mirror on the opposite wall with 2 cabinets with shelves, also build-in shelves next to the bathroom sink. I have a video of the apartment I took if anyone would like to see it.

I asked if there were any 1br available facing the courtyard but was told there were only studios (not interested). The weather was bad but the rooftop looked very nice, there are many different types of seating from loungers, chairs at tables, sofas etc. and 2 grilling stations with counters and sinks. Other amenities were very nice but unimportant to me (screening room, game room, resident lounge). The amenities are included (no extra fee) but you do have to reserve and pay to secure them for private use (a larger group/party etc.). Also FYI, the front desk is a concierge not a doorman. The desk is only staffed until 10pm on weekdays and 4pm on weekends, they mostly accept packages and take reservations for the various amenity room rather than provide security/screen visitors.

I was told this morning that I have 48 hours to accept or decline a lease and if I accept, I can choose a start date anytime until September 1st (this is great and seems unusually flexible for lottos from what I hear).

I have decided to decline the apartment even though it is beautiful. I have a great number for another building with equal and slightly better amenities (a pool) at a similar price, that will also be closer to work. Happy to answer any other questions anyone has about Lois. Good luck everyone still waiting to be contacted!
Thanks for all of this! Would love to see the video if you can upload it here.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRobin2021 View Post
Thanks for all of this! Would love to see the video if you can upload it here.
Here you go, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDBqT5P6yAs

Old 06-14-2022, 01:08 PM

60 posts, read 44,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Thank you for the video! Why the bathtub is so low? is it bathtub?

Old 06-14-2022, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi2316 View Post
Thank you for the video! Why the bathtub is so low? is it bathtub?
It is a bathtub. It may be the angle of the video, it's not an extra deep soaking tub but it looked like a standard bathtub size/depth to me in person.

Old 06-15-2022, 11:46 AM

60 posts, read 44,369 times
Does anyone know if the neighborhood is safe? I will have viewing on friday

Old 06-15-2022, 12:10 PM

644 posts, read 734,704 times
Quote:
I always like to check the NYC crime map. Keep in mind that more populated, more businesses = more crime data.
https://maps.nyc.gov/crime/

But you'll be able to see it when you go. I feel like when it doesn't feel safe you immediately know

Old 06-15-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I went about an hour early before my showing and walked around. I felt perfectly safe. You're right on the edge of PLGs which is very nice but further to the south and east things aren't as nice. It all depends on what you're used to/coming from. I live int he bronx rn and felt perfectly comfortable but everyone will feel differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery