Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 03:07 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,439,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus94 View Post
I reached out and they said that log numbers 1 - 214 are currently under review. Just wanted to pass this information along!
Great idea, thanks for reaching out! I have 2xx (higher than 214 obviously) and was wondering what was taking them so long. Sounds like I should hear something soon! *fingers crossed*

Did you happen to ask or get any sense about what types of units are still available/may be running low? I'm hoping for a 1Br and feel good about my number but with the building being so nice, I feel like they might not get as high as typical for 130% AMI buildings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 03:37 PM

16 posts, read 20,263 times
I was wondering the same thing and I'm actually surprised I receive a response back only 40 mins later. I should've probably asked, but the email is 'info@rentthelois.com' should you or anyone else be interested in reaching out! Fingers crossed that luck is on our side!

Old 02-22-2022, 10:27 AM

High 2xx just contacted to submit documents. 130% AMI, qualify for both studio and 1Br, I am only interested in a 1Br. I will be moving forward and will keep y'all updated on my process.

Last edited by linamonroll; 02-22-2022 at 11:38 AM..

Old 02-22-2022, 10:29 AM

16 posts, read 20,263 times
The movement we needed!

Old 02-22-2022, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus94 View Post
The movement we needed!
Yes, they seem very responsive. I emailed the agent that shows up in my HC page with a question about a document and he responded like 15 minutes later. Fingers crossed this will be a smooth process and I get a unit, the building looks absolutely gorgeous!

I'm getting the sense they are contacting fewer people at once than some buildings do. I've heard about them contacting like a few hundred at a time to submit documents even when they don't have that many units since so many decline etc. It was annoying that they are moving so slowly but it makes me think that if you do get contacted, they actually have a unit for you (if you accept, submit your stuff on time, and qualify etc.). We'll see, I'll keep you updated on my progress when I submit my docs, if/when I view a unit, what I decide to do etc.

Old 02-27-2022, 06:44 PM

4 posts, read 3,378 times
I got a message from housing connect that they were moving foward with my application and asked for info they wanted to review. Unfortunately we won’t be taking it. But good luck to everyone!

Old 03-02-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
High 2xx just contacted to submit documents. 130% AMI, qualify for both studio and 1Br, I am only interested in a 1Br. I will be moving forward and will keep y'all updated on my process.
Just submitted my docs! Fingers crossed for quick processing, I'll keep you all updated!

Is anyone on here further ahead in the process? I'm curious what other's experiences have been after submitting documents, how fast things moves etc. Anyone?

Old 03-21-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Just submitted my docs! Fingers crossed for quick processing, I'll keep you all updated!

Is anyone on here further ahead in the process? I'm curious what other's experiences have been after submitting documents, how fast things moves etc. Anyone?
No real update yet. I have heard from the marketing agent a few times to clarify things (I have self-employment income), and I have had to submit additional documents. The staff at Lisa management has been helpful and friendly although impossible to reach on the phone.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to be contacted, things are moving just slowly. I'll let you all know if/when I get to view the building *fingers crossed*.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:33 PM

11 posts, read 11,804 times
Got contacted to submit Docs. I'm 5xx. Not that interested but lets see what happens.

Old 04-03-2022, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by improvhouse View Post
Got contacted to submit Docs. I'm 5xx. Not that interested but lets see what happens.
Awesome, congrats! I still haven't heard anything back since submitting additional docs on 3/21 (log 2xx). I'm going to follow up in the morning. Hopefully your processing goes quickly and smoothly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery