Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 08:00 PM

60 posts, read 44,369 times

Advertisements

I had the viewing. To tell the truth I liked the building and amenities. Neighborhood is also nice. And also they don’t have amenities fees. But I didn’t like the apartment. Bedroom was small. The bathtub was kind of short. The closet doors were sliding, like ancient ones. And also bedroom and living room
Didn’t have ceiling light. My current building is also a new building in Mott haven and is much better but doesn’t have washer dryer. I’m in a dilemma now. The 340 clarkson is in better neighborhood, has washer dryer and no amenities fees. My current one is nicer, larger but neighborhood is worse and no washer dryer in units. Price wise they are almost the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 08:38 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,445,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi2316 View Post
I had the viewing. To tell the truth I liked the building and amenities. Neighborhood is also nice. And also they don’t have amenities fees. But I didn’t like the apartment. Bedroom was small. The bathtub was kind of short. The closet doors were sliding, like ancient ones. And also bedroom and living room
Didn’t have ceiling light. My current building is also a new building in Mott haven and is much better but doesn’t have washer dryer. I’m in a dilemma now. The 340 clarkson is in better neighborhood, has washer dryer and no amenities fees. My current one is nicer, larger but neighborhood is worse and no washer dryer in units. Price wise they are almost the same.
Aside from the neighborhood vibes, is Clarkson a better location for you for say work, or fun? I live in the bronx too in a new building so I'm not desperate to leave but if I can get some building upgrades (in-unit w/d and other amenities) + a location much closer to work (fidi) and midtown, that is worth it for me. It all depends on what's most important to you. I feel like unless you can pay like $6k+ a month in rent you won't get everything you want in NYC so you have to pick 2-4 priorities and then the rest that you can live with.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi2316 View Post

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take for you to schedule a viewing once you submitted the documents? I was just asked to submit on the 13th.

Old 06-22-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balticblues View Post
If you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take for you to schedule a viewing once you submitted the documents? I was just asked to submit on the 13th.
At least when I was dealing with them in Jan/Feb, they waited for full HPD approval before scheduling a viewing. This meant between the initial request to being able to view was about a month or a bit more and included a couple of additional document requests/clarifications.

Old 07-21-2022, 02:32 PM

14 posts, read 10,555 times
This is strange but my housing connect account was updated saying I was deemed ineligible for this building. There is no appeal button, and no contact information.

Old 07-21-2022, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HousingHopefulNYC View Post
This is strange but my housing connect account was updated saying I was deemed ineligible for this building. There is no appeal button, and no contact information.
That is strange. My first thought it there aren't any units available, but it usually indicates that specifically on HC. Maybe there is a system glitch? I'd probably call HPD and ask just to know what happened.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:18 PM

Thanks! Did that and they even said I was eligible. They gave me an email address and told me I should hear back within a week.

Old 07-21-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks! Did that and they even said I was eligible. They gave me an email address and told me I should hear back within a week.
Great! I'd follow up in a week if you haven't heard back. Sometimes you have to hold their feet to the fire to keep things moving along.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:06 AM

Thank you so much! Enjoy your day

Old 07-22-2022, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much! Enjoy your day
Of course! Good luck, I hope everything moves smoothly from now on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery