Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2022, 12:06 PM

24 posts, read 27,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnty View Post
I'm 2xxx with CB pref, and I've just been left a message on housing connect.nyc.gov that my "application has been reached for further processing." No email.

I need to upload documents by 3/31 -- full text below.

Exactly what does this mean in terms of apartments in this building? Does it mean that if I meet the income criteria, I'm in? Or nothing nearly that final?

Also, anyone else have this message when they check housingconnect?

Your application has been reached for further processing. Navigate to the "documents" tab below and click "add" to upload your documents. Once all of your documents have been added, you must click "submit" to send your documents back to the Marketing Agent for review. To see a full list of the requested documents, click the below link.

Your deadline to take action is 3/31/2022.
Congrats! You're past the first hurdle! It depends on the # apartments available and how many people they call at a time which seems to be different for each marketing company. There's still a few steps left. Once they approve your docs they'll send them to HDC for further approval. Of the people in that round that get approved, people get the apartments going from lowest lottery number (first for each of the preferences and then for everyone else) until they fill up. They don't send that out to everyone, so you have a good chance once you're contacted if you end up qualifying, but not a guarantee yet since other people will also qualify and you don’t yet know what other #s they've called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 01:15 PM

347 posts, read 358,198 times
Quote:
I'm 2xxx with CB pref, and I've just been left a message on housing connect.nyc.gov that my "application has been reached for further processing." No email.

I need to upload documents by 3/31 -- full text below.

Exactly what does this mean in terms of apartments in this building? Does it mean that if I meet the income criteria, I'm in? Or nothing nearly that final?

Also, anyone else have this message when they check housingconnect?

Your application has been reached for further processing. Navigate to the "documents" tab below and click "add" to upload your documents. Once all of your documents have been added, you must click "submit" to send your documents back to the Marketing Agent for review. To see a full list of the requested documents, click the below link.

Your deadline to take action is 3/31/2022.
Can you tell us what docs they requested? I have a low log number, no pref and want to be ready just in case!

Old 03-17-2022, 01:57 PM

1,713 posts, read 1,459,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
Can you tell us what docs they requested? I have a low log number, no pref and want to be ready just in case!
This is the standard list that you are provided when they request docs: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...documents.page

You have to provide everything that applies to you (info on children, self-employment etc.). Once you submit the first round of documents they may ask you for additional documentation such as a letter clarifying Venmo deposits or anything else unusual about your situation like not having a formal lease at your current apartment etc.

Old 03-17-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
This is the standard list that you are provided when they request docs: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...documents.page

You have to provide everything that applies to you (info on children, self-employment etc.). Once you submit the first round of documents they may ask you for additional documentation such as a letter clarifying Venmo deposits or anything else unusual about your situation like not having a formal lease at your current apartment etc.
Thank you; I have all of this. I was just double checking on the Charlton building specifically.

Old 03-17-2022, 05:01 PM

44 posts, read 46,106 times
Quote:
Thank you; I have all of this. I was just double checking on the Charlton building specifically.
OK, my list looks like this; I don't know if this is standard or not. Got some questions for the honchos too, which I'll ask in a separate post:

Required documentation
An estimated projection of your NET self-employment income (gross income minus expenses) for the next 12 months. CPA letter or tax preparer statement on letterhead, or notarized self-statement. Copies of expenses, receipts, and other backup documentation may be required.
Applicants have the choice of either providing 12 months of complete rent payments or consenting to a credit review. If found eligible, you will be asked which option you would like to proceed with.
Copies of all 1099s from the last year
Copies of birth certificates for all minors in the household
Copies of last year’s signed Form 1040, with schedule C, E or F
Copies of last year’s state tax returns
Copies of picture ID for all persons over 18 (examples: driver’s license, passport, Military ID, NYC Municipal ID, non-driver ID)
Copies of school letters verifying enrollment for all adult (18 years or older) household members attending school (examples: college, university, training programs)
Copies of Social Security cards or Tax ID (ITIN) for each person in the household
Last six most recent Checking account statements
Marriage or domestic partnership certificate (if applicable)
Most recent statement for all other investment accounts, i.e. 401K, IRA, 403b, 414H, NYCERS
Most recent statement for Life Insurance policies
Pension letter (dated less than 120 days) OR Current or recent check stub including gross amount awarded
Social Security Award letter(s) for most recent calendar year (dated less than 120 days) OR Current or recent check stub including gross amount awarded

Old 03-17-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
OK, my list looks like this; I don't know if this is standard or not. Got some questions for the honchos too, which I'll ask in a separate post:

Required documentation
An estimated projection of your NET self-employment income (gross income minus expenses) for the next 12 months. CPA letter or tax preparer statement on letterhead, or notarized self-statement. Copies of expenses, receipts, and other backup documentation may be required.
Applicants have the choice of either providing 12 months of complete rent payments or consenting to a credit review. If found eligible, you will be asked which option you would like to proceed with.
Copies of all 1099s from the last year
Copies of birth certificates for all minors in the household
Copies of last year’s signed Form 1040, with schedule C, E or F
Copies of last year’s state tax returns
Copies of picture ID for all persons over 18 (examples: driver’s license, passport, Military ID, NYC Municipal ID, non-driver ID)
Copies of school letters verifying enrollment for all adult (18 years or older) household members attending school (examples: college, university, training programs)
Copies of Social Security cards or Tax ID (ITIN) for each person in the household
Last six most recent Checking account statements
Marriage or domestic partnership certificate (if applicable)
Most recent statement for all other investment accounts, i.e. 401K, IRA, 403b, 414H, NYCERS
Most recent statement for Life Insurance policies
Pension letter (dated less than 120 days) OR Current or recent check stub including gross amount awarded
Social Security Award letter(s) for most recent calendar year (dated less than 120 days) OR Current or recent check stub including gross amount awarded
Gosh. Thank you so much!

Old 03-17-2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Gosh. Thank you so much!
Yeah, I guess it is pretty daunting.

Question for the Honchos around here: do they expect me to do my 2021 taxes early just for them, or what? My 2020 taxes won't even be close to the right amount, but 2021's will be. Of course I do have all 1099s etc.

Further question: Do I understand correctly that 421-a apartments are for 35 years, and then expire, and cannot be passed on to children beyond that period? I ask because we currently have a rent-stabilized apartment that we do plan to possibly pass off to our kid, a young adult. Could we possibly pass the current apartment on to him, and take the new one for ourselves?

Old 03-17-2022, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I guess it is pretty daunting.

Further question: Do I understand correctly that 421-a apartments are for 35 years, and then expire, and cannot be passed on to children beyond that period? I ask because we currently have a rent-stabilized apartment that we do plan to possibly pass off to our kid, a young adult. Could we possibly pass the current apartment on to him, and take the new one for ourselves?
Well, I don't want to waste your time answering half of that -- I see from https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...fact-sheet.pdf
that "tenants holding a lease and living in a 421-a income-restricted units at the
expiration of the 35-year period have the right to remain as rent stabilized tenants for
as long as they live there."

That sounds like rent stabilization lasts for life. But I still have the question about whether you can pass the stabilized unit to your child and whether it would remain stabilized in that event -- as you can with a normal stabilized apartment (as I understand).

Old 03-28-2022, 09:43 AM

283 posts, read 281,469 times
I have been assigned a low log number for this and meanwhile, I am invited to see another housing connect apartment in queens. Should I wait for this and reject that or not. I am afraid I would get rejected for this if I accept the other place. Any thoughts!

Old 03-28-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
I have been assigned a low log number for this and meanwhile, I am invited to see another housing connect apartment in queens. Should I wait for this and reject that or not. I am afraid I would get rejected for this if I accept the other place. Any thoughts!
What size apt do you want at Charlton? What is your log number and AMI? Charlton has very few units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery