Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 10:38 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissuki View Post
They told me the 70% AMI 1.3K 1 beds are gone. I submitted all my documents and they sent me a packet to sign and to schedule for reviewing a unit in 90% AMI. Will update once I schedule and view apartment.
Thanks for the update on the 1 bedrooms for that AMI. my log is 7XX so I wont keep my eye on this one any longer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 06:54 PM

17 posts, read 9,532 times
Quote:
I went to view the apartment today and I wasn't too happy with the neighborhood. There was a warehouse in front and the entrance is in the little nassau street with a deadend that doesn't feel safe to be around when it's quiet. The neighborhood is mostly full of Jewish people and the view of the units left are with a building in front of it and the view of the building's vents in the courtyard. I have decided not to continue my application for the 90% AMI 1 bedroom unit. Overall, the process was very fast compared to other buildings I've read about though.
Can you talk about the apartment size and features? Aside from the outside is there anything nice about it in the inside? Did you see the gym or any of the listed amenities?

Old 04-28-2022, 07:46 PM

95 posts, read 109,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bktab718 View Post
Can you talk about the apartment size and features? Aside from the outside is there anything nice about it in the inside? Did you see the gym or any of the listed amenities?
Yes, sure. The amenities are the same as they are listed on the website. There's a laundry room which charges $2.50 per wash, bike room, gym with little yoga mirrored area (everything was new), and rooftop I did not get to see, but you can probably see them online by searching up the address. I took a vide of the place, here's the link:

[vimeo]704377356[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/704377356

The rooms were the average luxury apartment size, probably about a 10x10 for a 1 bedroom (assuming). Most of the units left have the same view as what I posted in my video on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floor. The dishwasher was half the size than a normal one. Kitchen was pretty big and modern. If the location was different and the view was better, I probably would have liked it more!

Old 04-28-2022, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, sure. The amenities are the same as they are listed on the website. There's a laundry room which charges $2.50 per wash, bike room, gym with little yoga mirrored area (everything was new), and rooftop I did not get to see, but you can probably see them online by searching up the address. I took a vide of the place, here's the link:

[vimeo]704377356[/vimeo]
[vimeo]704377356[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/704377356

The rooms were the average luxury apartment size, probably about a 10x10 for a 1 bedroom (assuming). Most of the units left have the same view as what I posted in my video on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floor. The dishwasher was half the size than a normal one. Kitchen was pretty big and modern. If the location was different and the view was better, I probably would have liked it more!
Thanks so much for all the info!

Old 05-10-2022, 06:24 AM

Just as an fyi, I was selected for Rose castle. Log 1xx, 70% ami, 2 bedroom , no pref. Gave in documents and paid for a credit check. Spoke with leasing agent and there are no available units at this time, documents are just being held. I was asked if I would be interested in a 1 bedroom (I am not). She was like well there really weren't any 1 bedrooms available either and doesn't think anyone will back out or come back not approved for who has been sent in already. Soon they should be changing the status of the building to leased up. Just a heads up!

Old 05-10-2022, 06:29 AM

Wow that was quick! Thanks for the heads up!

Old 06-07-2022, 12:13 PM

My application changed to pending...are all the 70AMI 1 bedrooms filled?

Old 06-07-2022, 02:22 PM

497 posts, read 456,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Hey what was your log if u don’t mind saying

Old 06-07-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99mills9 View Post
hey what was your log if u don’t mind saying
7xx

Old 08-06-2022, 05:06 PM

17 posts, read 11,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Hi there how are you? my application changed to pending too however I haven't been called, mailed or emailed. Have you received any information?

Did anybody contact you?

What does it mean that it changed from applied to pending?

How do I contact them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery