Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 08:10 AM

41 posts, read 47,492 times

Advertisements

I called and spoke to someone, they explained the process to me and basically said log numbers are limited. I told them that they should add that information to the website because a lot of people are stating they are not getting log numbers, and if there is no log number it makes the waitlist redundant because one will never even be considered. The number I called is (212) 863-6300 and I pressed option 1 then waited for a representative. I would say call them and ask for this information to be more transparent in the website or application process? I was assuming applying for the lottery was to apply for a log number, but I guess that’s not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2021, 03:01 PM

116 posts, read 142,779 times
Someone emailed me back and this is the response I received. "There were a few projects that you are inquiring about in which log numbers were not produced as yet. Thank you for alerting our team. We are looking into it and will follow up with you."

All of the projects I sent to them I literally quadrupled check and made sure the log #'s were missing. I actually called first and they told me to email them screenshots of all the properties I applied for with missing log #'s. I'm going to call back tomorrow. I hope everyone that has a missing log # call because evidently there's a problem with the system.

Thank you for the info you shared!

Old 12-28-2021, 07:30 PM

I also emailed them and provided a screenshot of the lotteries which closed and released Log Numbers I checked and my friend has log numbers for them and I do not, we have very similar applications with City Job preference. They replied that they are looking into it. I will touch base with them again tomorrow at noon if I don't hear back and will keep this thread update with what they say.

Hopefully this does not mean that we never got a log number, my hope is that we do have a log number but its just a technical issue that does not show it on our end.

I will update when they get back to me.

Old 12-29-2021, 07:42 AM

I hope it's a technical issue as well. I applied for a lottery that is closing soon and I have CB preference and 130% AMI and I want and need this place! I'll keep you posted on my situation too. thanks!

Old 01-04-2022, 09:23 AM

122 posts, read 119,637 times
Any updates on this? I called and was told that they likely haven’t finished issuing log numbers but I’ve never had a log number that was released weeks later, has anyone else? Hoping this doesn’t mean I have a large log.

Old 01-04-2022, 11:26 AM

I haven't heard back from them. I've never had log numbers to be released weeks later either. I hope they fix this soon.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:46 PM

I haven't heard back either, I waited for the website maintenance to be done today to see if that helped but it didn't. I just sent a follow up email, hopefully someone replies.

Old 01-05-2022, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost9 View Post
I haven't heard back either, I waited for the website maintenance to be done today to see if that helped but it didn't. I just sent a follow up email, hopefully someone replies.
I just sent a follw-up email as well. I'll keep you posted.

Old 01-06-2022, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny_G_70 View Post
I just sent a follw-up email as well. I'll keep you posted.
They replied that they are aware and that they are working on it.

Old 01-06-2022, 05:15 PM

290 posts, read 279,797 times
It is strange but I also have not received either a log # or a "Not Selected" notification. It is just blank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: