Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 04:35 AM

4,771 posts, read 6,568,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazoob View Post
Good info. Did they ask for bills or receipts for proof or anything?
No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2022, 06:59 AM

21 posts, read 23,211 times
Just a heads up that I got documents notarized at UPS for $4 total. If you search for UPS locations, there is an option to make an appointment with a notary on the website. Some don’t have any available so you may need to search a few stores.

Old 01-07-2022, 06:18 PM

21 posts, read 18,917 times
Thanks everyone for your help. I'm going to try to get everything done this weekend.

Old 01-10-2022, 04:20 PM

24 posts, read 19,074 times
Does anyone know if you fill out the table for the asset certification? Reside told me no but I feel like just signing it how would they get my information? Also can the notary be done in a different state?

Old 01-10-2022, 05:25 PM

145 posts, read 136,339 times
They give you the places for you to sign

Old 01-10-2022, 06:26 PM

116 posts, read 141,798 times
I've submitted the exact documentation. A notarized rent ledger showing proof of payments. Today I received an email for a property that I submitted this to and here's the response I received.

The proof of rent payments provided will not be sufficient since we need proof of actual transactions(on bank statement). Please submit a recent credit report or $20 Zelle payment to sam@taxsolute.com so we can run your credit.

I responded...According to the HPD Marketing Handbook Section 5, A.2 as listed below a landlord's written record of rent payments i.e. rent ledger is acceptable evidence of rent payments. So why isn't it sufficient for this property?

Old 01-11-2022, 11:15 AM

51 posts, read 60,850 times
TBH Tax Solute doesn't seem to know the marking handbook very well. I had issues with them on verifying income (anything other than salary was perplexing to the the marketing agent).

Old 01-11-2022, 11:35 AM
mky

17 posts, read 16,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctaylor011 View Post
Does anyone know if you fill out the table for the asset certification? Reside told me no but I feel like just signing it how would they get my information? Also can the notary be done in a different state?
I just went through the same thing with Reside! The initial asset form they asked me to sign had listed a retirement account as $0 and that was because they knew about the account (probably paystub or bank statements), but had never received an actual statement for the account (it wasn't listed on the initial document request). I pointed it out to them and asked if I needed to submit those documents and they said yes and then re-sent the asset form with correct values. But that obviously doesn't apply to physical assets without a paper trail (cash, gems, etc) that section you should probably complete yourself or send them the values and ask them to populate it in case they need some proof?

I was also out of state and asked if I could use that state's notary or if I should wait until I got back to NY, they weirdly told me to just sign and submit the docs immediately and that the notarization could follow 'upon approval' so I'm thoroughly confused as to what part of the process I'm on lol

Since you're allowed to apply to lotteries from out of state it feels like an out of state notary should be acceptable and is normal for other industries, but you should ask them explicitly just in case.

Old 01-14-2022, 05:01 PM

21 posts, read 18,917 times
Just an update:

For anyone who has submit in anything notarized, make sure it you are using the correct format where there is a section that says "subscribed and sworn before me on this date....". You should be able to find a template of this online.

I also notarized out of state at a UPS and I have had no problems and they haven't emailed me saying that a the notarization is not accepted. My application says "under review" and if anything happens from this, i'll post an update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery