Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2022, 01:14 PM

155 posts, read 169,787 times

Advertisements

I Believed I Was Approved For A Studio Apartment In Downtown Brooklyn. I Sent In All My Paperwork And Documents. The Lady Who Was Going Over My Work Stated She Is Sending It Over To The City. I Have Questions Regarding This. Hopefully Someone Can Help Me. Does This Mean I Have The Apartment ? How Long Does The City Usually Take To Go Over Your Paperwork ? And Lastly , I Didn’t Even Get The Chance To View The Place. Has Anyone Got Approved For a Place That They Never Saw ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2022, 01:21 PM

60 posts, read 52,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
I Believed I Was Approved For A Studio Apartment In Downtown Brooklyn. I Sent In All My Paperwork And Documents. The Lady Who Was Going Over My Work Stated She Is Sending It Over To The City. I Have Questions Regarding This. Hopefully Someone Can Help Me. Does This Mean I Have The Apartment ? How Long Does The City Usually Take To Go Over Your Paperwork ? And Lastly , I Didn’t Even Get The Chance To View The Place. Has Anyone Got Approved For a Place That They Never Saw ?
it doesnt mean that you have an apartment. She is just having HPD approve your documents, you really dont have an apartment until you sign the lease. Typically if you see an apartment they would hold it for you in my experience.

Old 02-04-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh16 View Post
it doesnt mean that you have an apartment. She is just having HPD approve your documents, you really dont have an apartment until you sign the lease. Typically if you see an apartment they would hold it for you in my experience.
Thank You For Your Response.. Normally, How Long Does It Take For HPD To Go Over Your Documents ?? Weeks ?? Months?? From Your Experience

Old 02-04-2022, 01:51 PM

60 posts, read 52,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
Thank You For Your Response.. Normally, How Long Does It Take For HPD To Go Over Your Documents ?? Weeks ?? Months?? From Your Experience
I had to wait about a week for HPD approval, this was earlier in January 2022. Do you mind me asking which agency is handling your case?

Old 02-04-2022, 02:12 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,740,027 times
HPD is normally pretty quick, a few days to a couple of weeks, though there's been some variation during the pandemic.

If your papers go to HPD, there is actually an apartment set aside for you, but you still have to clear that final review, which is just to make sure the Is are dotted and the Ts crossed. However, occasionally something goes horribly wrong, so don't tell your landlord to go **** himself just yet.

Unless you're in Stuy Town, I wouldn't sign a lease for an unseen apartment. You should ask them for a showing.

Good luck!

Old 02-04-2022, 02:17 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,899,781 times
You don't have anything until you sign the lease

Old 02-04-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh16 View Post
I had to wait about a week for HPD approval, this was earlier in January 2022. Do you mind me asking which agency is handling your case?
Clinton Management. Any Reviews On This Agency?? The Case Worker She Was Really Sweet DIDNT Really Have a Problem. It Was Just She DIDNT Want To Show Me Any Floor Plans Or Layout For The Studio Which I Found Odd. But Is That Normal?

Old 02-04-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
HPD is normally pretty quick, a few days to a couple of weeks, though there's been some variation during the pandemic.

If your papers go to HPD, there is actually an apartment set aside for you, but you still have to clear that final review, which is just to make sure the Is are dotted and the Ts crossed. However, occasionally something goes horribly wrong, so don't tell your landlord to go **** himself just yet.

Unless you're in Stuy Town, I wouldn't sign a lease for an unseen apartment. You should ask them for a showing.

Good luck!
It’s The Edge Community Apartments. The Area seems Very Nice , Nice View .. It’s Just They Don’t Wanna Give Me a Layout or Floor Plan. Which Is My Main Concern. I’m Blessed To Even Be Picked Lol But Shesh I Cant Even See What I May Be Going Into?

Old 02-06-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
You don't have anything until you sign the lease
That’s Why I Was Asking But OK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery