Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 08:14 AM

33 posts, read 30,148 times

Advertisements

If you have ever won the lottery or even have been contacted to submit documents, just curious what was your log number? Trying to keep faith for the ones patiently waiting for our day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 08:22 AM

37 posts, read 37,988 times
I've won two lotteries - #4** w/ no preferences & #3*** w/CB preference.
For submitting documents, too many to recall, but I've been contacted as high as #20*** w/no preferences.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyaneC View Post
For submitting documents, too many to recall, but I've been contacted as high as #20*** w/no preferences.
Oh okay, thanks for sharing. Gives me hope lol

Old 02-07-2022, 08:53 AM

37 posts, read 37,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscesx3 View Post
Oh okay, thanks for sharing. Gives me hope lol
You're welcome! Seriously, there are so many different variables when it comes to these lotteries and being contacted and whatnot. You can have a low number, but the building may have filled all units for your family size or income range by the time your log number is reached. Or you can have a high number, but your particular AMI is still available. Anything can happen, so remain hopeful.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:23 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,668,181 times
Don’t be misled by only the log #. Lotteries that use preferences typically use four different preferences. The most powerful one of typically Community Board for 50% of units. These preferences distort the basic idea that a high log# means it won’t prevail. If high log # has a preference it only need to be lower than other log# with that preference for the same size unit and AMI% categories.

I recommend you learn what Community Board district you live in, and be sure to enter lotteries where you have Community Board preference because your chances are greatly enhanced of prevailing.

Old 02-07-2022, 09:29 AM

1,719 posts, read 1,472,038 times
I won my current apartment in 2019 with log 381. I was in the 60% AMI bracket at the time. I am now looking to relocate closer to work and I’m in the 130% AMI bracket and have been contacted for buildings recently with numbers as high as 4100. There are so many factors that go into what is a “good” number, as others have said

Old 02-07-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I won my current apartment in 2019 with log 381. I was in the 60% AMI bracket at the time. I am now looking to relocate closer to work and I’m in the 130% AMI bracket and have been contacted for buildings recently with numbers as high as 4100. There are so many factors that go into what is a “good” number, as others have said
Yes I know there are many factors. I always apply within my CB as well, I was just curious about others success stories and their log number. Although I know the log isn’t the only factor it’s just good to hear about others experiences

Old 02-07-2022, 11:19 AM

116 posts, read 142,195 times
I won my current apartment w/log #3***, 130% AMI, but I don't think log numbers have anything to do with it. I do believe whenever you are contacted reply ASPAP and have ALL your documents in order.

Old 02-07-2022, 01:06 PM

214 posts, read 220,049 times
Almost two years ago I was contacted to submit documents for a building in Astoria with a 3XXX log, I believe 130% AMI (I would have qualified for CB, but it was not available for that lottery). I wound up not being able to move forward because they ran out of 1BRs by the time they reached my log. For reference, between the time they initially asked me for documents and the time they notified me there were no more 1BRs it was 5+ months.

Old 02-07-2022, 02:30 PM

11 posts, read 11,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyaneC View Post
I'm curious when you say you have submitted documents many times and won twice. For the times that you submitted and didn't win what were the reasons? Did they not have enough units? was it eligibility? or was it that you decided not to take it in the end? I'm just curious what percentage of people who submit documents end up being offered a unit.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery