Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2022, 10:13 AM

453 posts, read 497,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
Is 100 per person a lot for amenities? I don’t know what the standard is for these type of buildings.
The pool fee does seem kinda crazy at 700$ per season
I think that is fairly standard these days. $100 seems the most common, SVEN is $86 (or 84?) pppm, and they remarked that they are on the lower side.

Ditto for the pool fee - Astoria West is $750 per season. SVEN is $25 per person, per use! The problem is the pools are usually so tiny that any more than 1-2 dozen people in at once would overwhelm them. I suspect the costs are designed to be deliberatively prohibitive for that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 10:30 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
I think that is fairly standard these days. $100 seems the most common, SVEN is $86 (or 84?) pppm, and they remarked that they are on the lower side.

Ditto for the pool fee - Astoria West is $750 per season. SVEN is $25 per person, per use! The problem is the pools are usually so tiny that any more than 1-2 dozen people in at once would overwhelm them. I suspect the costs are designed to be deliberatively prohibitive for that reason.
Ohh I see. The pool does look tiny in pictures. I rather join Equinox or YMCA or whatever place has a pool than paying that

Old 06-27-2022, 11:00 AM

20 posts, read 23,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
I did get a pamphlet regarding the amenities and the cost. I posted the picture. Doesn’t seem I could upload videos Smh. It’s some of the amenities that are still under construction like the playroom , and I believe she said the lounge area. She also stated how everything should be completed and ready for everyone to move in the ending or July going into august.
Hey Ashanti, thank you so much for the update! Happy the process is going smoothly!

Did the tour guide give you any sort of update on how the applications are processing? I'm so nervous.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:54 PM

155 posts, read 169,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Upload your video on https://imgur.com/ then share the link of it in here.
Life saver lol. I just did it. So if you guys want to look here it is. They showed us with things in it. But it’s pretty huge I’m also going to send the layout of the 1 bedrooms that everyone will be getting. I was told that everyone will be living in the same letter apartment just different floors. They are a little different from the ads from the 1 bell slip website but not too much. I love the windows honestly and I picked a top floor so I could have a better view.

https://imgur.com/a/FK95bp3

Old 06-27-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valval279 View Post
Hey Ashanti, thank you so much for the update! Happy the process is going smoothly!

Did the tour guide give you any sort of update on how the applications are processing? I'm so nervous.
No problem Val! I’m so happy to help if I could. Right now I’m getting processed by HPD so I should hear back from them next week or so hopefully . They told us that the one bedrooms for 80 AMI are filling up but the studios are available.

Old 06-27-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Life saver lol. I just did it. So if you guys want to look here it is. They showed us with things in it. But it’s pretty huge I’m also going to send the layout of the 1 bedrooms that everyone will be getting. I was told that everyone will be living in the same letter apartment just different floors. They are a little different from the ads from the 1 bell slip website but not too much. I love the windows honestly and I picked a top floor so I could have a better view.

https://imgur.com/a/FK95bp3
wow it looks pretty nice and bright! Thank you so much!
At least the building in front doesn't fully cover the view

Old 06-27-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
More 3D tours available
https://www.apartments.com/the-bells...rrlej/#3dtours
What an odd layout 7Q has
This the floor out plan for the lottery winners. Idk if this layout is for 125-130% AMI group but this is for the 80%. Hope this helps!!!
Attached Thumbnails
One Bell Slip Apartments lottery now open!-2c5d23b1-01d2-4445-aeb8-5528b6f411c2.jpeg  

Old 06-27-2022, 01:01 PM

Quote:
wow it looks pretty nice and bright! Thank you so much!
At least the building in front doesn't fully cover the view
I was recording so quickly lol it was someone else on tour and I didn’t want to that person who holds up everyone lmaooo. I want to show you guys the bathroom. It’s very huge but my face is in it .

That’s why I wanted to get a high floor and hope the buildings don’t mess up our view. But it’s still nice

Old 06-27-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
This the floor out plan for the lottery winners. Idk if this layout is for 125-130% AMI group but this is for the 80%. Hope this helps!!!
It's probably the same for most of AMI% but there could be a few scattered in other layouts. Since there are 32 one bed in the lottery. And 4-26p is only 22. I already did the math hahah
Hopefully there is some higher floor apt by the time I get reached out

Old 06-27-2022, 01:23 PM

Quote:
It's probably the same for most of AMI% but there could be a few scattered in other layouts. Since there are 32 one bed in the lottery. And 4-26p is only 22. I already did the math hahah
Hopefully there is some higher floor apt by the time I get reached out
I honestly feel the higher floors are going to be so hard to get because you know everyone wants that window few lol ! but yes I will keep you updated. I will email her shortly and ask about more availability
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery