Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2023, 07:59 AM

234 posts, read 295,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem97 View Post
Just submitted my documents for 130% AMI studio. Does anyone know the typical timeline from document submission to move-in date? My lease isn't up until October - curious to hear what y'all have experienced. Thanks!
Hey! Do you mind me asking your log number? Am curious how far along they are! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2023, 09:53 AM

3 posts, read 2,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediem97 View Post
Just submitted my documents for 130% AMI studio. Does anyone know the typical timeline from document submission to move-in date? My lease isn't up until October - curious to hear what y'all have experienced. Thanks!
We submitted our documents to the City on May 30 and still waiting. The city has been extremely backed up from what I heard. So I assume it will take some time before you will sign the lease. But I think there is possibility you will get the apartment before October though. (Just for information, we are 125%, no preferences, 2 bedroom)

Old 07-07-2023, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlgaS View Post
We submitted our documents to the City on May 30 and still waiting. The city has been extremely backed up from what I heard. So I assume it will take some time before you will sign the lease. But I think there is possibility you will get the apartment before October though. (Just for information, we are 125%, no preferences, 2 bedroom)
Hey! I’m actually going for a 2 bed but my log is 9xxx. Would you mind sharing your approximate log? Would love to know if I have any chance at getting an apartment, as well. Thanks!

Old 07-07-2023, 11:04 AM

113 posts, read 102,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posthomealone View Post
Hey! I’m actually going for a 2 bed but my log is 9xxx. Would you mind sharing your approximate log? Would love to know if I have any chance at getting an apartment, as well. Thanks!
I know there are still empty 2-bedrooms in the building but I don’t know what AMI they are for.

Old 07-07-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citygirlie View Post
I know there are still empty 2-bedrooms in the building but I don’t know what AMI they are for.
Oh wow that’s amazing news! Thanks for the response Are you sure they’re for lottery and not market rate tenants?

Old 07-07-2023, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Oh wow that’s amazing news! Thanks for the response Are you sure they’re for lottery and not market rate tenants?
Yes. They are the A layout between 4-26. And there are no A layouts for market rate I believe.

Old 07-07-2023, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Yes. They are the A layout between 4-26. And there are no A layouts for market rate I believe.
I appreciate your insight so much, citygirlie! Do you think I have a chance with 9xxx and CB preference?

Old 07-07-2023, 12:37 PM

Quote:
I appreciate your insight so much, citygirlie! Do you think I have a chance with 9xxx and CB preference?
I definitely think you have a chance with that number especially in the higher AMI. I won my studio with 6xxx CB 80% AMI! Have you been called to submit documents already and when?

The building management even told me they haven’t finished filling all the apartments.

Old 07-07-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I definitely think you have a chance with that number especially in the higher AMI. I won my studio with 6xxx CB 80% AMI! Have you been called to submit documents already and when?

The building management even told me they haven’t finished filling all the apartments.
Wow! Thank you so much and congratulations! I have 9xxx CB 130% AMI but no one has reached out for documents yet, unfortunately.

Old 07-07-2023, 02:33 PM

7 posts, read 5,163 times
Thanks, everyone! I'm #7XXX and without CB preference. When I reached out to NYC Housing Connect with a question the other day, they let me know that there are only studios available. They have assigned 61/70 of the studios, which means there are only 9 more available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery