Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 04:07 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times

Advertisements

Hey does anyone know the significance of the application number? I know the log number is essentially your spot for the lottery but don’t know why we need an application number or what it’s for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2022, 09:46 PM

48 posts, read 36,244 times
I too would love to know. Does applying early or late to the lottery affect the log number?

Old 02-19-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueplanet01 View Post
I too would love to know. Does applying early or late to the lottery affect the log number?
I’ve been wondering the exact same thing! I’ve read a few threads that say the log number is generated after the lottery closes so how early you apply isn’t a factor but at the same time is the application number worth anything ?

Old 02-19-2022, 09:07 AM

40 posts, read 38,893 times
The application number doesn’t mean anything for your chances. It is literally just a count of how many applications have been submitted on the website since its launch in 2020 up to the time that you applied. The very first application was 1. As time passes and more applications are submitted, the application numbers get bigger and bigger.

Old 02-19-2022, 01:15 PM

65 posts, read 57,547 times
BeyondTheWrap, do you happen to know why Log Numbers and Application Numbers aren't the exact same then? Is it because some applications ahead of us may end up being disqualified by the time logs are given out, or are the log numbers randomized?

Old 02-19-2022, 02:16 PM

65 posts, read 57,547 times
Oh wait, I misread that lmao! It's the application number for the entire site, not the specific lotteries. Got it!

Old 02-19-2022, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap View Post
The application number doesn’t mean anything for your chances. It is literally just a count of how many applications have been submitted on the website since its launch in 2020 up to the time that you applied. The very first application was 1. As time passes and more applications are submitted, the application numbers get bigger and bigger.
Thanks!

Old 02-21-2022, 08:05 AM

21 posts, read 15,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Hey does anyone know the significance of the application number? I know the log number is essentially your spot for the lottery but don’t know why we need an application number or what it’s for.
The application number is confirmation that you have applied to a given lottery.

The log number determines your position (order in line) in the lottery/log for the specific lottery project.

If needed you can provide your application number to the Marketing Agent associated with that specific lottery to find out your Log # after the application period has closed. Knowing your Application # or Log # is essential to find out more information about your application because each number is unique to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery