Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2022, 08:13 PM

11 posts, read 9,832 times

Advertisements

I’m at 11xxx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 07:09 PM

92 posts, read 78,657 times
Any updates?

Old 09-22-2022, 11:00 AM

30 posts, read 21,292 times
Wondering what log# they’re up to and if all preferences been filled.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:04 AM

3 posts, read 1,744 times
Default Got Called for 425 Grand Concourse

Hey All,

A few days ago I got called for 425 Grand Concourse. My wife and I are very excited and a little nervous. Our log # was in the 60XX. But I think we had preference because we live in the CB. So I submitted our paper work, and going to view the building on Thursday of this week.

My question is in regard to Income, I work as a salary employee. My wife works as a hourly employee. Her job also reimburses her for mileage at the IRS rate based on how much driving she does during her pay period. It shows up on her pay stub as Expense Reimbursement/Gas and is not taxable. So I wondering what will Housing count as income. Will it just be her hourly wages or will it it include her hourly + mileage.

I think either way, my income is still below the AMI, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience on that matter.

Thanks in advance, as I'm am new to all of this and just a little anxious.

Jeremy

Old 09-27-2022, 01:44 PM

333 posts, read 256,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsump1 View Post
Hey All,

A few days ago I got called for 425 Grand Concourse. My wife and I are very excited and a little nervous. Our log # was in the 60XX. But I think we had preference because we live in the CB. So I submitted our paper work, and going to view the building on Thursday of this week.

My question is in regard to Income, I work as a salary employee. My wife works as a hourly employee. Her job also reimburses her for mileage at the IRS rate based on how much driving she does during her pay period. It shows up on her pay stub as Expense Reimbursement/Gas and is not taxable. So I wondering what will Housing count as income. Will it just be her hourly wages or will it it include her hourly + mileage.

I think either way, my income is still below the AMI, but I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or experience on that matter.

Thanks in advance, as I'm am new to all of this and just a little anxious.

Jeremy
Congratulations! I don't have the answer but I'm bumping this up the forum. Someone else with CB said she had taken the last apartment. Best of luck to you and your wife!

Old 10-06-2022, 11:11 AM

3 posts, read 1,744 times
Default Update

So, After sending in all my paperwork and more for this building. I was told today that they over allocated for community board and that my log number has been placed on hold until lower numbers are first taken care of and then I will be considered if their are still any apartment available for my CB.

I doubt this will be the case. But oh well! It was disappointing to hear! But I guess I will have to wait and see. So back to square one! Just thought I update you guys

Old 10-06-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsump1 View Post
So, After sending in all my paperwork and more for this building. I was told today that they over allocated for community board and that my log number has been placed on hold until lower numbers are first taken care of and then I will be considered if their are still any apartment available for my CB.

I doubt this will be the case. But oh well! It was disappointing to hear! But I guess I will have to wait and see. So back to square one! Just thought I update you guys
I call B.S I think they are just trying to fill up their waiting list for CB applicants. Someone already said they got the last unit for CB. I'm sorry they got your hopes up like that.

Old 10-06-2022, 11:48 AM

Has anyone for the general population been called yet?

Old 11-13-2022, 12:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,319 times
So I've been going back and forth with Trinity Management since July, I submitted all my paperwork before August. At first they declined me so I appealed then they stated that the decision was not valid because HPD changed their guidelines for the building. Which I found weird because when I went to go visit the apartment units had already been filled. They then told me I had to wait to get contacted again because they had to process everyone all over again. After 2-3 months of waiting around late September they wanted to decline me again because all my paperwork had different address other then the one I put on my application which was the CB preference that is why I was selected. But that address is a shelter so I do not like sending anything there but I gave them a recent car statement with that address, I changed my cash app statement address and my new job that I started a month ago has that address. I submitted the rest of the paper work and now I am just waiting.
I am just a little anxious because I am not sure if they will decline me or not. It has been a week so I know I still have time to wait. But how long did it take for you guys? And have that happen to anyone else where they changed the guidelines in the middle of the process? I did not want to have to do all this back and forth for nothing.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:48 PM

109 posts, read 84,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipgirl722 View Post
So I've been going back and forth with Trinity Management since July, I submitted all my paperwork before August. At first they declined me so I appealed then they stated that the decision was not valid because HPD changed their guidelines for the building. Which I found weird because when I went to go visit the apartment units had already been filled. They then told me I had to wait to get contacted again because they had to process everyone all over again. After 2-3 months of waiting around late September they wanted to decline me again because all my paperwork had different address other then the one I put on my application which was the CB preference that is why I was selected. But that address is a shelter so I do not like sending anything there but I gave them a recent car statement with that address, I changed my cash app statement address and my new job that I started a month ago has that address. I submitted the rest of the paper work and now I am just waiting.
I am just a little anxious because I am not sure if they will decline me or not. It has been a week so I know I still have time to wait. But how long did it take for you guys? And have that happen to anyone else where they changed the guidelines in the middle of the process? I did not want to have to do all this back and forth for nothing.
that happened to me before , i had to write a notorized letter explaining why my paperwork had different addresses than the one i use to apply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery