Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2023, 04:09 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJackson16 View Post
So they called me on Wednesday to schedule an appointment to view an apt. I was told over the phone that there were "no more 1bds, only studios left", which I was really disappointed about but I made an appt to view one of the studios at 10a on Tuesday, just to see.

Then on Wednesday, they called again, canceled my viewing appt, and said they would call back in a few minutes to reschedule.

It's now been 3, going on 4, days, and I'm still waiting on that call back.

Has anyone else heard of anything like this? Is my life over? Do I just need to be a lil more patient? I have no idea why it was canceled, but not calling back is putting me through a stress test.
yes when you're in viewing phase, where you HAVE been contacted... BOG THEM DOWN if you want the unit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2023, 10:43 AM

29 posts, read 19,665 times
Quote:
So they called me on Wednesday to schedule an appointment to view an apt. I was told over the phone that there were "no more 1bds, only studios left", which I was really disappointed about but I made an appt to view one of the studios at 10a on Tuesday, just to see.

Then on Wednesday, they called again, canceled my viewing appt, and said they would call back in a few minutes to reschedule.

It's now been 3, going on 4, days, and I'm still waiting on that call back.

Has anyone else heard of anything like this? Is my life over? Do I just need to be a lil more patient? I have no idea why it was canceled, but not calling back is putting me through a stress test.

Hey sorry I forgot to update y'all but I was stressed for nothing! They called on Friday for me to view an apt and I went that day and it was a 1 bed apt!!! She explained that she had said "only studios" because my job is currently on hold due to the Writer's Strike, so I'm on unemployment, making it look like I could only qualify for studios. But she had me write a self affidavit explaining the strike to go with my packet to the city and I'm just waiting on approvallll!!!! I'm hoping to hear back on Friday or Tuesday, cause she said 3-5 business days.

I'm seriously praying for this bc the unit she showed me is everythingggggg!

Old 07-07-2023, 10:10 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Hey sorry I forgot to update y'all but I was stressed for nothing! They called on Friday for me to view an apt and I went that day and it was a 1 bed apt!!! She explained that she had said "only studios" because my job is currently on hold due to the Writer's Strike, so I'm on unemployment, making it look like I could only qualify for studios. But she had me write a self affidavit explaining the strike to go with my packet to the city and I'm just waiting on approvallll!!!! I'm hoping to hear back on Friday or Tuesday, cause she said 3-5 business days.

I'm seriously praying for this bc the unit she showed me is everythingggggg!
that's not your fault. hope u get the unit

Old 07-10-2023, 07:56 AM

6 posts, read 5,381 times
Hey my application is now “under review” with a log # in the 500s. Was just contacted last Friday for my bank statements and a credit check. Praying I hear back soon due to my lease almost being up. The compliance officer also mentioned they are at the end of the leasing process for those who are still waiting to be contacted.

Old 07-10-2023, 09:45 AM

29 posts, read 19,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
that's not your fault. hope u get the unit
I did!!!!!! Just got the call today! I sign on Wednesday - I'm sooooo excited!!!

Old 07-12-2023, 06:06 AM

6 posts, read 5,381 times
Anyone know what the rejection means for rental history? I opted for a credit check and that’s the rejection I received. I have great renter history. No evictions. No housing court. I’m so confused but I’m going to appeal.

Old 07-21-2023, 09:37 AM

99 posts, read 80,852 times
Quote:
I did!!!!!! Just got the call today! I sign on Wednesday - I'm sooooo excited!!!
Hey, congrats! I’m almost at the finish line as well, just waiting on city approval. I’m assuming you’ve signed your lease by now. Can you tell me how that process was? We’re you able to decide when to start your lease or we’re you given options by them? Also, was it in person or were you able to like docusign and transfer money? Thanks in advance.

Old 07-28-2023, 02:33 PM

503 posts, read 898,625 times
Anyone else think the 2brs are pretty darn small?

Old 07-28-2023, 02:39 PM

99 posts, read 80,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsideal View Post
Anyone else think the 2brs are pretty darn small?
Hi, I’m up for a 2BR now. I think it depends on the layout. It’s big enough for myself and my newborn.

Old 08-03-2023, 07:59 AM

64 posts, read 85,978 times
Log# in the 1,000s - I guess it's tight competition for these apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery