Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2023, 10:22 AM

99 posts, read 80,880 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the pet policy here? I just got approved after 2 weeks awaiting city approval! So excited forgot to ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2023, 04:43 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,882,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBawler View Post
Does anyone know the pet policy here? I just got approved after 2 weeks awaiting city approval! So excited forgot to ask.
congrats

Old 08-04-2023, 06:53 PM

64 posts, read 86,003 times
Quote:
It's pet friendly, [restrictions apply] - directly from their website.

425grandconcourse

Old 08-04-2023, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
congrats
Thank you!

Old 08-06-2023, 01:28 AM

47 posts, read 31,530 times
Are they still processing CB logs?...My log is 67XX with ME preference, 130% AMI. This building is so close to my workplace, it would be a dream ö.

Old 08-06-2023, 02:56 PM

29 posts, read 19,676 times
Quote:
Good news! I can actually be more helpful here! (unless you've already gotten your answer lol)

Here is the pet policy, directly from the paper they gave me at the lease signing:

"Resident agrees to the following:

1. Pay a one-time non-refundable pet fee of $250.

2. No animals, birds or reptiles of any kind may be raised, bred or kept in or around the Apartment, the Building or its common areas. Allowable pets are:
-One domestic cat per dwelling unit; or
-One fish tank, not exceeding 25 gallons per dwelling unit; or
-Two caged birds (8" length maximum) per dwelling unit; or
-One dog, not exceeding 30 pounds or 25" in height from ground to top of head.

3. No animal of any kind that has venom or poisonous defense or capture mechanisms, or if let loose would constitue vermin, is allowed in or around the Apartment, the Building or any of its common areas.

4. To provide, on an annual basis, written verification from a veterinarian that the pet is in good-health, is free of ticks and fleas, and is current on all shots and vaccines.

Vaccination Date:__________ Certificate Attached
(Required) Spayed or Neutered ____ Yes _____No

5. To provide, on an annual basis, written verification that the pet has been licensed with the City of White Plains. (My dog is registered in King's County, they said that was fine, as long as I changed it before I renew my lease.)

6. Not to allow pets anywhere in or around the building or any of it's common areas, including but not limited to, halls and stairways, unless it's restrained by a leash or kept in a pet carrier, and accompanied by it's owner at all times.

7. To feed and water said pet inside the dwelling unit and not to permit food or water to be left outside the dwelling unit for any in a reason and to property store all pet food and water clean and sanitary manner."

There's actually a lot more, but it all boils down to "take proper care of your pet, don't let your pet loose in the building, make sure they use the restroom outside, or in designated places if they are indoor trained, always clean up after any accidents, make sure your pet is properly tagged with your info, and if they feel you are not taking proper care of your pet, your pet will be removed from you, either to your emergency contact, your pet emergency contact (they will ask for both), or to the local humane society".

TDLR: Read #1 & 2, clean up after your pet, and be the pet owner you would want if you were a pet!

Old 08-07-2023, 04:27 AM

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJackson16 View Post
Good news! I can actually be more helpful here! (unless you've already gotten your answer lol)

Here is the pet policy, directly from the paper they gave me at the lease signing:

"Resident agrees to the following:

1. Pay a one-time non-refundable pet fee of $250.

2. No animals, birds or reptiles of any kind may be raised, bred or kept in or around the Apartment, the Building or its common areas. Allowable pets are:
-One domestic cat per dwelling unit; or
-One fish tank, not exceeding 25 gallons per dwelling unit; or
-Two caged birds (8" length maximum) per dwelling unit; or
-One dog, not exceeding 30 pounds or 25" in height from ground to top of head.

3. No animal of any kind that has venom or poisonous defense or capture mechanisms, or if let loose would constitue vermin, is allowed in or around the Apartment, the Building or any of its common areas.

4. To provide, on an annual basis, written verification from a veterinarian that the pet is in good-health, is free of ticks and fleas, and is current on all shots and vaccines.

Vaccination Date:__________ Certificate Attached
(Required) Spayed or Neutered ____ Yes _____No

5. To provide, on an annual basis, written verification that the pet has been licensed with the City of White Plains. (My dog is registered in King's County, they said that was fine, as long as I changed it before I renew my lease.)

6. Not to allow pets anywhere in or around the building or any of it's common areas, including but not limited to, halls and stairways, unless it's restrained by a leash or kept in a pet carrier, and accompanied by it's owner at all times.

7. To feed and water said pet inside the dwelling unit and not to permit food or water to be left outside the dwelling unit for any in a reason and to property store all pet food and water clean and sanitary manner."

There's actually a lot more, but it all boils down to "take proper care of your pet, don't let your pet loose in the building, make sure they use the restroom outside, or in designated places if they are indoor trained, always clean up after any accidents, make sure your pet is properly tagged with your info, and if they feel you are not taking proper care of your pet, your pet will be removed from you, either to your emergency contact, your pet emergency contact (they will ask for both), or to the local humane society".

TDLR: Read #1 & 2, clean up after your pet, and be the pet owner you would want if you were a pet!

Old 08-08-2023, 12:15 PM

Does anyone know if this management company takes the security voucher from HRA?

Old 08-08-2023, 02:51 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,882,405 times
Quote:
Does anyone know if this management company takes the security voucher from HRA?
if u were approved for HRA benefits, then they got to

Old 08-08-2023, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
if u were approved for HRA benefits, then they got to
Got it, thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery