Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 02:48 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,871,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgyalrih View Post
The apartments look nice and I don't mind the area. Log 3XX, was asked to submit some docs on 5/5/22. Are my chances good? I have never gotten this far and have been applying randomly for the past 5 years to diff projects.
In my experience and from what I've seen the hardest part is income eligibility. Once you get past that its, just providing what they ask for and patience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2022, 08:43 AM

8 posts, read 7,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBawler View Post
WOW this moved really fast
It really did! I was so surprised to see I had applied back in March of this year. I don't really keep track of the dates or anything, so I had thought that I applied a year or two ago until I checked.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
In my experience and from what I've seen the hardest part is income eligibility. Once you get past that its, just providing what they ask for and patience.
I definitely still fit in the income bracket! My income has risen since I applied because I got a new job that I start in the next 2 weeks. So hopefully that doesn't cause any problems. But my new salary is still within the AMI for the $949 unit. They can have all the docs they want lol. Just give me my apartment! I have never been asked to provide docs before so it was such a shocker. I just pray that I am selected for it. I have been needing this for years.

Old 05-10-2022, 11:46 AM

89 posts, read 88,424 times
Wow they’re moving fast. I was looking forward to this apartment but with my log being 30XXX with only ME, I know I have no hope smh

Old 05-10-2022, 12:25 PM

30 posts, read 30,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgyalrih View Post
It really did! I was so surprised to see I had applied back in March of this year. I don't really keep track of the dates or anything, so I had thought that I applied a year or two ago until I checked.
Thank your for also confirming that it doesn't matter when you apply in order to be selected. I've been involved with this for a number of years and like most of us did some research on how things work as we all wanna be selected. One thing that some did say is you gotta apply as soon as the lottery is out to better your chances and with you applying a month later proves other wise. If it is meant to be, it'll be. So encouragement to those and myself, who feel like they need to follow a strict procedure to "heighten" their chances.

Going to learn to not make this a top priority and/or focus and just apply whenever and let life take it course.

Old 05-10-2022, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaShSi View Post
Thank your for also confirming that it doesn't matter when you apply in order to be selected. I've been involved with this for a number of years and like most of us did some research on how things work as we all wanna be selected. One thing that some did say is you gotta apply as soon as the lottery is out to better your chances and with you applying a month later proves other wise. If it is meant to be, it'll be. So encouragement to those and myself, who feel like they need to follow a strict procedure to "heighten" their chances.

Going to learn to not make this a top priority and/or focus and just apply whenever and let life take it course.
That definitely does not matter! Don't stress to apply right away. The computer is going to do what it's going to do. It's like bingo lol. You have no idea what number they're going to draw. I was given a log number of 38 for one building before and I know I applied like a day or two before it closed. I wound up rejecting it because the area was dangerous, but still, that proves it has nothing to do with the date of application. Praying to God I actually get this unit. I know some people don't want to be so close to the train, but I don't mind-makes for an easier commute.

Old 05-16-2022, 08:07 AM

1 posts, read 799 times
Log Number 8* with CB preference, submitted docs last Monday

Old 05-16-2022, 10:27 AM

34 posts, read 22,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAH9000 View Post
Log Number 8* with CB preference, submitted docs last Monday
Nice to hear that someone else has been contacted. I know its moving relatively quickly but each day feels like its been ages. Good luck to you!

Old 05-16-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios_ View Post
Nice to hear that someone else has been contacted. I know its moving relatively quickly but each day feels like its been ages. Good luck to you!
It feels so long lol. I was told when I called it would be roughly 6-8 weeks for them to get back to me completely. I know only a few apartments have been moved into already it appears. Like 5 max. Assuming all are lottery winners because the building isn't 100% completed yet. (Log #30*) I submitted everything the same day they contacted me on 5/5/22.

Old 05-16-2022, 09:41 PM

1 posts, read 694 times
Log number 14** with CB preferences. Just submitted my docs last Friday. Having my fingers crossed for a 2BR unit...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery