Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2022, 10:59 AM

13 posts, read 20,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm605 View Post
It’s nice! Some rushed work which is to be expected and no dishwasher kinda sucks but it’s overall nice! We gave our agent some preferences and saw the floor plan once we were assigned the unit. It’s about 900 sq ft which is awesome
What was some of the rushed work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2022, 12:11 PM

13 posts, read 19,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm605 View Post
After we were approved by HPD we saw the unit the next day and set up date for lease signing (2 weeks from seeing unit) and move in
Congrats!! How many business days did it take for you to receive HPD approval? After sending a million more documents (some they requested multiple times, as another month had passed since we submitted our first round of statements for our accounts and such), our file just went to HPD yesterday. I'm hoping this step will be speedier. Approval from the company took us over 7 weeks.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:22 PM

4 posts, read 7,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo991 View Post
Congrats !

What did you thought of apartment and building? Where you able to see lots of floor plans ?
I'm one of the handful who moved in recently. Building and units are spacious and beautiful, but be prepared for the management...a lot of unfinished issues, building is not registered on usps, they are SLOW. be patient.

Old 07-19-2022, 12:32 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,409,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax2022 View Post
I'm one of the handful who moved in recently. Building and units are spacious and beautiful, but be prepared for the management...a lot of unfinished issues, building is not registered on usps, they are SLOW. be patient.
What kind of issues are you dealing with?

Old 07-19-2022, 12:57 PM

101 posts, read 87,985 times
Any municipal employees been called for this yet, if so, what is your log #? Also interested to hear about the issues…

Old 07-20-2022, 01:27 PM

21 posts, read 22,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinesnyc View Post
What was some of the rushed work?
Just some dinged appliances, some less than perfect grouting that kinda thing

Old 07-20-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpanke View Post
Congrats!! How many business days did it take for you to receive HPD approval? After sending a million more documents (some they requested multiple times, as another month had passed since we submitted our first round of statements for our accounts and such), our file just went to HPD yesterday. I'm hoping this step will be speedier. Approval from the company took us over 7 weeks.
It took us a week to get HPD approval including an additional doc request in the 11th hour

Old 07-20-2022, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax2022 View Post
Which tower are you in? How are you getting mail currently?

Old 07-23-2022, 09:18 AM

3 posts, read 3,862 times
This message board has been so helpful during this far from transparent experience! Here is my story. I applied to multiple lottery buildings in January, and received a request to submit documents for 23 West at the beginning of May. Over May and mid-June it was a waiting game to hear back from the City5 agent and supply any additional/amended documents or letters requested. During the process I was in the dark whether or not this would actually happen, so I kept my expectations reasonable. In mid-June the agent called to inquire about a document, then asked which floor I would like to be on in the building. That was the first moment I realized it was likely happening! My documents were then sent to HPD for approval. She told me that once your documents are sent to HPD, it is 99% that you will be approved for an apartment. One week later I received the approval email, and a second email to schedule my apartment viewing. At the viewing I was prepared to inquire about viewing multiple open units, but once I saw the apartment assigned to me I was very much okay with it! A one-bedroom on a higher floor with great views and a spacious floor plan. (I've been living in a garden apartment with a tiny loveseat and a view of the garbage cans, LOL! Anything is an upgrade at this point!)

As another person mentioned, this building definitely has some "rushed" vibes with the finishings. Parts of the lot are still very much under construction, and the lack of an in-unit dishwasher or microwave feels a little cheap (let's be real), but ultimately it's a blessing to be in a nice, new spot like this. The building includes bike storage and regular storage (monthly fees for each), a big laundry room, "virtual doorman," a large room in tower B that appeared to be an event space with a kitchen (could be reserved for birthday parties, etc.), and will eventually offer monthly paid parking in the parking deck. The complex includes a tower currently under construction which will be "amenity-rich market rate apartments." From the architectural renderings it appears there may eventually be a waterfront park built on the south side of the complex. Because the building is so new (literally ONE person had moved in at the time of my viewing) there were many questions regarding amenities that were unable to be answered. For example, it was unknown whether tenants of this building would have access to the future tower's amenities. I also noticed what appeared to be a lounge w/ a rest room at the end of a hallway which had a door leading onto the roof. I inquired about rooftop access (it's the waterfront! Of course people want/expect a rooftop in a new building!) yet the agent was unable to answer. Perhaps permits are required for rooftop and she couldn't answer definitively.

I am moving in August and very much looking forward to it! I truly hope to meet some other lottery folks and form a neighborly community where we look out for one another in this new chapter of our lives!

Old 07-28-2022, 04:33 PM

13 posts, read 19,088 times
We finally have been approved!! Here was our timeline:
March 6: Applied to lottery
May 13: request for documents
May 26: submitted first round of documents
June 24: request for additional documents (submitted same day)
Then over the course of the last few weeks we’ve been back and forth with additional document requests (self employed so I have a lot of paperwork). We also had to appeal a rejection because they overestimated our income which was overturned within 2 days.
July 19: submitted to HPD
July 27: approved by HPD, contacted by agent to tour apartment

We are looking at the apartment this Monday and if all is well will move in august 4! It’s been a long and stressful process but I’m glad it’s worked out. Can’t wait to meet everyone here who’s been approved
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery