Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 07:19 PM

14 posts, read 14,258 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,
My application has been rejected yesterday due to income being to high.
They calculated my husband’s income based on the prevailing wage which is about to expire. He got a letter from his company stating that within the next few weeks his hourly rate will return to his regular rate, therefore his weekly earnings will decrease drastically. Long story short we upload the documents today with detailed explanation and 2 hours later we have received rejection of the appeal with contradicting explanations. “Your household income does not meet the requirements for the units in this project. We have received your appeal. The letter from
employer states that the income will lower within 6-8 weeks, and based on current earnings of xxx,xxx …. your household is over
the income limits of $96,080.00 for a 3-people
household at 80% AMI“
What do I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 08:06 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,410,522 times
You have the option to appeal it. There should be mention of it via the email you received

Old 08-17-2022, 08:49 PM

271 posts, read 307,133 times
Still no luck with them deeming me ineligible even though I eligible! So so heartbroken over this. I live in Greenpoint and FINALLY had a decent log number and fall within an AMI. They refuse to admit they’ve never reached out to me for documents and will not let me submit an appeal. The absolute worst feeling.

Old 08-18-2022, 12:32 PM

53 posts, read 50,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
Still no luck with them deeming me ineligible even though I am eligible! So so heartbroken over this. I live in Greenpoint and FINALLY had a decent log number and fall within an AMI. They refuse to admit they’ve never reached out to me for documents and will not let me submit an appeal. The absolute worst feeling.
Hello. Based on the information you provided i am guessing once they are reviewing the application they filtered out those who are not eligible for the development. If your household income at the time when you applied is not aligned with the income requirement, then they can't deny your application as not legible without contacting you. We must pay attention to the requirement when we apply because every development income requirement is different. I have been denied without contact before because I applied for development for senior citizens, the requirement is 62+, and I am only 28. other times I am restricted due to income. I make 70k for 1, and the development requirement maximum income for 1 is 52k.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:53 PM

29 posts, read 24,697 times
My application is "under review", with CB preference, log number #7***. How's it looking? Also, my dumb self miscalculated my income to where it's only eligible for studio, when it's actually eligible for one bedrooms as well. Am I able to contact them to fix that? Or is my application already fixed to the smaller pool of apartments?

Old 08-26-2022, 05:55 PM

29 posts, read 24,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
They filled all of CB right? Are they at gen-pop yet?
I was contacted with preference and #7*** a week and a half ago

Old 08-27-2022, 08:55 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,410,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponym View Post
Okay, I’m wondering how much longer until CB is complete

Old 08-28-2022, 11:49 AM

53 posts, read 50,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponym View Post

I was approved Friday 26, at 9 AM.

Log number below 4x, with municipal preferences. Fortunately, I had a great leasing agent which made the process very easy and fast. Her name is Maria, she is so kind, persistent, and easy to work with. I dealt with other leasing agents, and she is the kindest. The entire process lasted a month because the HPD project manager who assigned my file was on vacation, so as soon as he was back, I was approved that same week. The whole process would have taken two weeks if it weren't for that.

It's my first apartment I am so excited!!! I visited the area last night it is so breathtaking! with a waterfront and city view. Unfortunately, it looks like the building is still in construction because it was mostly barricaded.

Anyone who is already inside, can you please give an update on how it looks from the inside, and are the windows big enough for sunlight?

Old 08-28-2022, 01:38 PM

191 posts, read 200,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenouveau View Post

Log number below 4x, with municipal preferences. Fortunately, I had a great leasing agent which made the process very easy and fast. Her name is Maria, she is so kind, persistent, and easy to work with. I dealt with other leasing agents, and she is the kindest. The entire process lasted a month because the HPD project manager who assigned my file was on vacation, so as soon as he was back, I was approved that same week. The whole process would have taken two weeks if it weren't for that.

It's my first apartment I am so excited!!! I visited the area last night it is so breathtaking! with a waterfront and city view. Unfortunately, it looks like the building is still in construction because it was mostly barricaded.

Anyone who is already inside, can you please give an update on how it looks from the inside, and are the windows big enough for sunlight?
Congratsss!

Old 08-28-2022, 04:33 PM

3 posts, read 3,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenouveau View Post

Congratulations! I had the same problem, it's taking weeks for HPD to approve my file because the manager has been on vacation. I'm log number 40XX with CB preferences. I'm still waiting to get approved by HPD... How was your process after approval? When are you able to sign the lease and move in? I'm just curious because I need to be out of my current place by September 1st. I hope it works out in time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery