Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2022, 02:38 PM

51 posts, read 40,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Well there were definitely a few complaints on here so I want to be mindful... Just hope it gets resolved with enough of complaining. But management is apparently very slow. Ultimately it helps manage my expectations, trying to stay realistic. Regardless, nothing beats the price so I decided to roll with the punches and if it goes badly it will be a lesson learned. I still feel very lucky.

Oh nice!! Of November ? Are you using Piece of cake movers ?

Yes the kitchen is the best thing in the whole aparrment seriously!!! Love it!!!
Okay, let's hope for the best. . I guess we will find out! I am actually using these 2 guys I used the last 2-time si moved and they have moved many people I know too. They are careful, fast, and efficient and I think they are pretty good rates too, no bd, hidden fees, or baits and switches. If you want their contact, I am sure they wont mind at all!

Yep, 11/7 i hope!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2022, 03:19 PM

196 posts, read 178,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahavcara View Post
Okay, let's hope for the best. . I guess we will find out! I am actually using these 2 guys I used the last 2-time si moved and they have moved many people I know too. They are careful, fast, and efficient and I think they are pretty good rates too, no bd, hidden fees, or baits and switches. If you want their contact, I am sure they wont mind at all!

Yep, 11/7 i hope!
Omg - that sounds amazing, please send them my way

Old 10-28-2022, 06:57 PM

23 posts, read 20,976 times
Hey anyone living in the apartments, did you guys have to give a deposit of $240 to set up services with ConEdison?

Old 10-29-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Omg - that sounds amazing, please send them my way
Sure! Do you want to email me for their contact? If you are comfortable to. Email address is zahavahmalka at gmail

Old 11-01-2022, 09:08 AM

5 posts, read 3,960 times
For the hot water, the reason it takes long is because the building isn't at 100% capacity. The boilers are in the cellar so if you live on the 8th floor and no one is taking a shower or constantly running water between floors 1-7, then it will take a while to get to you. Other buildings may have the boiler in the unit or on your unit floor so the water has a short time to travel but in the case of 40 Oak, it is not.

Old 11-01-2022, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesox87 View Post
For the hot water, the reason it takes long is because the building isn't at 100% capacity. The boilers are in the cellar so if you live on the 8th floor and no one is taking a shower or constantly running water between floors 1-7, then it will take a while to get to you. Other buildings may have the boiler in the unit or on your unit floor so the water has a short time to travel but in the case of 40 Oak, it is not.
Interesting, that would make sense but I wonder when is the building going to be at 100% capacity, or if it ever will be... I can't quite gauge how many people are there now it seemed pretty empty but I'm guessing there's going to be a lot of move ins in November and December. How long have you been in the building? Has the hot water problem caused you any issues so far?

Old 11-01-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillatoro86 View Post
Hey anyone living in the apartments, did you guys have to give a deposit of $240 to set up services with ConEdison?
Would like to know this too.

Old 11-01-2022, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesox87 View Post
Thanks for your insight! I don't know how true this is but when she showed me the unti she showed me this little area in the bathroom and she was like that's the boiler... and it was in 7th floor in the y it...

Old 11-01-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Would like to know this too.
So I saw on com Edison it's cause it's listed as a commercial space- because it technically is going to be mixed usuage. You have to call and talk to someone at con Ed and they will change your unit ti residential!

Old 11-01-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahavcara View Post
So I saw on com Edison it's cause it's listed as a commercial space- because it technically is going to be mixed usuage. You have to call and talk to someone at con Ed and they will change your unit ti residential!
Oh I see, thank you so much!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery