Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2022, 06:52 PM

7 posts, read 5,743 times

Advertisements

Hi guys so my list number is 2 i got called back saw a unit and was told i can sign a lease for tomorrow. I was wondering if at my signing can i ask to see another unit just to weigh my options. Thank you guys in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2022, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenouveau View Post
Any advice for moving day? when do they giving out the keys ? is it a day early or the same day?
I wanna know this too

Old 10-18-2022, 08:23 PM

31 posts, read 29,649 times
Quick question for anyone currently in the building: how has the heating been in your unit with the colder temperatures this week? Thanks in advance

Old 10-18-2022, 08:57 PM

21 posts, read 22,463 times
Hi! In response to last 3 questions:

You pickup keys on move in day unless you pay a prorated amount to get keys early. At least when we moved in it was mon-thurs move ins only.

@trg22 I highly doubt they’ll let you see another unit as an option. I wasn’t allowed and haven’t heard of that being an option for anyone else.

Re: heat — no issues for us in A Tower; others seem to have some issues but I’m skeptical. It’s pretty straightforward. Windows keep out a lot of cold air, we have only had the heat on 3x total since August.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:08 PM

23 posts, read 21,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm605 View Post
Hi! In response to last 3 questions:

You pickup keys on move in day unless you pay a prorated amount to get keys early. At least when we moved in it was mon-thurs move ins only.

@trg22 I highly doubt they’ll let you see another unit as an option. I wasn’t allowed and haven’t heard of that being an option for anyone else.

Re: heat — no issues for us in A Tower; others seem to have some issues but I’m skeptical. It’s pretty straightforward. Windows keep out a lot of cold air, we have only had the heat on 3x total since August.
We are on the 8th floor tower A and was also curious to know how does it feel inside the apartment and if one can adjust thermostat?

Old 10-19-2022, 07:34 AM

21 posts, read 22,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillatoro86 View Post
We are on the 8th floor tower A and was also curious to know how does it feel inside the apartment and if one can adjust thermostat?
It’s about 68-70 inside our unit without the heat on typically the past two weeks. If you go on BuildingLink there’s several threads about how to use the thermostat just fyi but I’ll paste the info here for you:

Make sure it’s switched to HEAT not COOL and that the fan is on AUTO. Raise the temperature to something higher than what it’s reading in the room. Then press and hold both triangles until the screen changes from TEMPORARY OVERRIDE to PERMANENT OVERRIDE. That’s the process you’ll need to follow each time.

Old 10-19-2022, 08:22 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,443,581 times
A lot of people (including myself) often wonder what our chances are for getting these units. So I've been calculating how many units will be left once preferences are all filled.

For this building 78 units will be going to gen pop (no idea which units exactly i.e 1 bed/2bed.) Just that once CB is filled there are 78 units left for gen pop according to the math. Therefore I don't think I have a chance with my 3k log #

Old 10-19-2022, 02:50 PM

196 posts, read 179,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trg22 View Post
Hi guys so my list number is 2 i got called back saw a unit and was told i can sign a lease for tomorrow. I was wondering if at my signing can i ask to see another unit just to weigh my options. Thank you guys in advance
Did you sign a lease? I just got approved for mine!!!

Old 10-19-2022, 03:30 PM

Yes i just sign today

Old 10-19-2022, 04:53 PM

196 posts, read 179,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trg22 View Post
Yes i just sign today
Congrats!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery