Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2022, 10:57 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,867,789 times

Advertisements

She should have reported it to 311 but she never did it, huge mistake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Her apartment was flooding & they did nothing to address it? regardless I think it’s good they went to court. She could’ve had water damage to her personal items that she could get re payment on with a court process. That’s crazy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2022, 11:27 AM

51 posts, read 40,470 times
Yeah that's the BIG difference. If you don't document and report it means nothing. :/

Old 10-12-2022, 11:47 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,439,062 times
If she had proof she was emailing them about the leak and they did nothing along with photos that’s enough proof . The landlord can’t say they ignored her email because she didn’t call 311. If she contacted them directly and they did nothing she can take them to court.

Old 10-12-2022, 11:54 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,867,789 times
Well, she did document everything but instead of reporting it to 311, she took the matter into her own hands. Fortunately her brother is a lawyer so he took care of the court issues until the case is solved & the LL fixed everything. However, the damage has already been done with all the drama, she decided to move out.

Old 10-12-2022, 01:28 PM

21 posts, read 22,420 times
Folx love to exclaim about things on here wow haha!

In bedrooms and living room rather than overhead lights there are outlets that you can operate with the wall switch so you’ll have to plug a lamp in. If a lamp is really a dealbreaker or a huge deal for you then maybe lottery units aren’t the way to go! In NYC you have to give something to get something, period.

Old 10-12-2022, 02:02 PM

29 posts, read 24,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillatoro86 View Post
Does anyone here knows how the recreation room will work? Do we have to pay to use it or it’s part of the tenant amenities? When I went to view the apartment the lady that gave me the tour did not show me that room, only rooms I saw were the bike storage, laundry room and garbage disposal?
the leasing agent said it was free but not yet done, and it's in the "A" tower

Old 10-12-2022, 08:34 PM

347 posts, read 461,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalNative9000 View Post
No overhead lights in the units are a red flag. What else did they cheap out on, esp things that you don't notice at first? Insulation? Plumbing?

I just got the request for additional documents, but all the 1Br are gone and I'm just under the 2br income limit so no go. I have a teenage daughter and a studio just won't cut it.
Not a red flag most New York apartments does have ceiling lights in the bedrooms or living room

Old 10-12-2022, 08:52 PM

My last two apartments had no overhead lighting in any rooms but kitchen and bathroom. I don't mind as I like lamps and to control my lights in my place. There really seem to be a lot
Of
Weird complaints here. Heat and hot water are def valid but all other things. We have to be realistic here. Your neighbors across the street are paying 3400.00 for a studio that faces our building. I'll take the no lights and no dishwasher.

Lighting is extremely expensive to wire. Of course they aren't gonna do that much extra. Yeah they get a tax break of course, but the electricity bill alone to keep the building going a month is more
Than I make in a year lol

Old 10-12-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cm605 View Post
Folx love to exclaim about things on here wow haha!

In bedrooms and living room rather than overhead lights there are outlets that you can operate with the wall switch so you’ll have to plug a lamp in. If a lamp is really a dealbreaker or a huge deal for you then maybe lottery units aren’t the way to go! In NYC you have to give something to get something, period.
This message can't be more spot on

Old 10-13-2022, 06:55 AM

196 posts, read 179,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahavcara View Post
This message can't be more spot on
Hey! I remembered you visited the studio last week or so, have they reached back out to you yet? I'm still waiting to get approved by HPD, it was sent on September 23rd. Maybe someone mentioned about their office being closed or something and I missed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery