Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2023, 03:02 PM

31 posts, read 30,816 times

Advertisements

Good evening Brittany, for the people who were rejected due to City 5 miscalculating their income will we be able to resubmit documents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2023, 09:48 AM

296 posts, read 280,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallme View Post
Good evening Brittany, for the people who were rejected due to City 5 miscalculating their income will we be able to resubmit documents?
I will ask my boss and get back to you!

Old 08-03-2023, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynrake View Post
Hi, Brittany, thank you very much.

How many 2 bedrooms are left? We have 56 2 bedrooms left

Are the units shown the one you get? Sometimes, not always. I will show you the line of apartments we have and will have a video of the specific unit for you.

After viewing apartment, how long until lease signing? If you have a subsidy, approvals take longer. If you don't have a subsidy the process will take 3 weeks to 2 months.

What are the policies regarding cleaning, maintenance, security, and package delivery? There is a designated package room. Security is virtual so you will have a keyfob for main entry and for all amenities. There is a building staff that does a great job cleaning the building. Any maintenance requests will be done online.

Is there additional storage space available? On-site secure parking garage?
Yes, there is tenant storage available at $150/month. No parking unfortunately. Even though it was advertised on Housing Connect this must have been an error by City 5.

Old 08-03-2023, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
Hi Brittany!

Thanks for the update - I'm log 7xx with CB and am hoping for a miracle as I qualify for a 2 bedroom. Put in a good word for me if you can (kidding, but not kidding!)
I got you! We will try to go as quickly as possible!

Old 08-03-2023, 10:40 AM

Update: We will not review applications that were already rejected by City 5.

Old 08-03-2023, 10:52 AM

If the appeal window (10 business days) is still open, you can appeal.

Old 08-03-2023, 11:54 AM

8 posts, read 10,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanyv616 View Post
Hi all,

iAfford took the leasing over from City 5. We're starting at log numbers as low as 410. So I think everyone can just resubmit documents. Please note: we do not have any studios or 1 bedrooms. TWO BEDROOMS ONLY!

Hi Brittany,
Thank you so much for the info!!
I've been selected to submit my first batch of documents. I did it last Friday. What do you mean by ''everyone can just resubmit documents''?
Also, will my contact showed on HC's website remain the same?

Old 08-03-2023, 05:45 PM

271 posts, read 312,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrooklyn View Post
Hi all, just figured I’d add a data point. I *live* in the building since November and I, too received one of these emails… as did at least one of my neighbors who moved in around the same time I did. So it seems that iAfford most definitely screwed up somewhere. If I had to guess, I’d say they sent out a blanket email to everyone who applied, even those who have already moved in.

Also worth noting that the number of apartments on offer that they list in their email from Friday is the ORIGINAL number of apartments, not what they currently have; right now they only have 3 studios and 57 2-bedrooms available (source: their Instagram, see here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu2whUWPmYd/?img_index=1).
How do you like living in the building?

Old 08-04-2023, 01:20 PM

234 posts, read 295,829 times
Pretty sure I got skipped by the marketing agency on this one. I have 20,xxx with CB preference going for a 2 bed. I saw that someone else in this thread with 22,xxx and CB was picked before me. Wonder what I should do. I reached out to iafford and they said my notification to submit documents was an error

Old 08-04-2023, 02:18 PM

271 posts, read 312,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posthomealone View Post
Pretty sure I got skipped by the marketing agency on this one. I have 20,xxx with CB preference going for a 2 bed. I saw that someone else in this thread with 22,xxx and CB was picked before me. Wonder what I should do. I reached out to iafford and they said my notification to submit documents was an error
I have faith they will reach out to you!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery