Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2023, 07:15 PM

271 posts, read 307,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko619 View Post
Anyone hear from HPD about signing the lease?

Please provide your log if you have been asked to sign the lease
Not yet, patiently waiting for approval for a 2 bedroom. Will update everyone! ( Log 79x with CB)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 11:11 AM

23 posts, read 18,706 times
anyone over log#4300 been asked to come for a showing?

I have submitted all document over 2 months ago and had a chat with Brittany 3 weeks ago regarding the showing but still now no call/email yet.

getting really doubtful about my chances in get a spot.

Old 09-08-2023, 10:06 AM

10 posts, read 9,325 times
I am log 3xxx and viewed an apartment a few weeks ago, but Molly said they are going by log number for those interested and CB. That's the latest I got.

Old 09-12-2023, 02:56 PM

9 posts, read 9,990 times
I wish they would just say if there’s no units left or left us know some status instead of having us wait in vain. So unnecessary

Old 09-12-2023, 03:12 PM

271 posts, read 307,509 times
I was just approved and signing a lease this week.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynamakeit View Post
I wish they would just say if there’s no units left or left us know some status instead of having us wait in vain. So unnecessary

I agree this process is so stupid, you know how many people you showed the apt and how many of them said yes. Its not rocket science to know if you have unit lefts or not. It has been more than 2 months since i submitted all the documents tried emailing them no response. Can't believe its taking so long to get to my log #4xxx

Old 09-13-2023, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they mention how many units are still available? If not would you be kind enough to inquire when you sign the lease.
Thanks

Old 09-13-2023, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 695 times
This experience has been so frustrating. Was asked for documents, then went to view for a studio apartment with a group of 7 and was told there were only 2 studios left, got asked for more documents, then was told there was 1 person ahead of me and if they fell through I would hear back. I didn’t get an update for about 3 weeks and my application finally changed to no more units. I had to reach out to the project manager yesterday to confirm that in fact all studios and 1 beds are officially leased up. This process that iafford has of bringing in a large group of people to view apartments and getting their hopes up is seriously not cool. There’s got to be a better way of going about this! To also know that there was one person ahead of me and that I was so close to having the apartment is truly heartbreaking!!

Old 09-13-2023, 11:44 AM

7 posts, read 5,944 times
Hi - I am log no 2*** and I was recently asked to submit paperwork. I submitted everything and I am well qualified for a 2 bedroom but I just received a message in the HC app stating " All units have been filled. Your application was not reached for processing. Reasons for this determination: "Although we have reached your log number, according to the information on your application, you do not meet the current guidelines for the remaining available units in this project. "

Which is super confusing as I am well within the range for a 2-bedroom apartment. :/ I've reached out to them and I was told to call back tomorrow due to technical issues. I've read some of this thread, personally, I think the apartment/ building looks beautiful and I honestly don't care if I have a dishwasher or not. I would be happy to have an apartment I love for me and my child in a price range that is well within an affordable range for me as a single parent. I'm praying that the message was an error and due to technical issues. - Staying hopeful, but don't want to get my hopes up.

Old 09-13-2023, 11:51 AM

7 posts, read 5,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
Congratulations!! What size is the apartment that you were approved for? Do you know if they still have 2 bedrooms left? Do you know your move in date yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery