Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2024, 08:44 PM

5 posts, read 2,646 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!!!
This is my progress so far:

I have log#118

On March 12th I was contacted to submit paperwork.

On April 5th I submitted additional round of documents.

April 8th they sent me the '1 person interview packet' to my email which I completed and sent it back the same day.

In one of those documents they gave me the choice to send them the 12 months rent payments or a credit check for 20usd. (I signed the TIC but not unit # assigned to me)

April 9th they let me know the coordinator was going to review my files and get back to me once they're done.

April 10th they asked me for clarification on some transactions and asked me to notarized it. She told me they no longer charge for the 20 dollars for the credit check instead they told me I could send them a recent credit report from Credit Karma.
I submitted all the documents in a timely manner.

This whole thing is very stressing
My question would be how far in the process I am and if they are more steps?
Thanks for reading

Last edited by Hernanny; 04-11-2024 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 01:42 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,494,056 times
The marketing agent would be the best person to contact about what exactly your status is. You could also try posting to the thread for the building you are referring to as every building is managed differently.

I have in the past signed the TIC near the beginning of the process to avoid having to go to the office again later, without a unit assigned. When your file is actually sent to HPD, it should have a unit # on it that you are actually being approved for. When this happens, you should see the filled out TIC and the rest of your application package posted in the documents section of HC added by an administer and your status would show as "under review". Good luck!

Old 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM

5 posts, read 2,646 times
That makes sense. Thank you so much for sharing. I will send an email to the marketing agent and see what she says.

Old 05-06-2024, 09:48 PM

26 posts, read 4,791 times
Hey,

Just signed a TIC form during my process for an apartment so im curious to know how much further too before we sign a lease. My TIC letter had my apartment number on it. So not sure what that means exactly. But yes, lets keep each other posted.

Good luck to us *finger crossed*

Old 05-11-2024, 02:20 AM

3 posts, read 267 times
Hey guys, any updates? Im in a similar position as y’all. I’m linked and have a unit assigned to me. I don’t know my log # but I have a unit assigned to me. I filled out all the documents and sent them in, I was told my application is now under review. Do you guys know how long the process usually is for applications under review to get an answer?

Old Today, 11:09 AM

121 posts, read 48,162 times
Signed a tic form and some other forms today also I have a unit assigned to me too , so I’m just wondering how long does it take to sign lease or etc after signing form off to hpd or whatever

Old Today, 04:02 PM

98 posts, read 94,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinadadoll View Post
Signed a tic form and some other forms today also I have a unit assigned to me too , so I’m just wondering how long does it take to sign lease or etc after signing form off to hpd or whatever
After HPD approval, the leasing team for the development will reach out to you regarding the lease. In my case, I had signed my lease in less than a week after my file was approved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery