Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2022, 05:16 PM

504 posts, read 459,973 times

Advertisements

Who else applied ? I’m debating on applying with in a few hours since there’s no CB and it’s a good range of 1 bed rooms the Application closes tonight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 06:09 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,839,601 times
This lottery has a thread already: https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...g-connect.html

Old 04-21-2022, 06:41 PM

246 posts, read 235,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I've never been to that area... Is this area safe to live in for a young single woman? It's way far from the city tho... I love the price and the whole package, by the way.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:05 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,839,601 times
I used to live in Jamaica for a few years & based on my experience, I'd never had any problems living in that area. I went out & home late at night & never encountered any problems, everybody seemed minding their own business. Though it's a bit far to/from Manhattan, I had no problems in commuting, my apartment building was close to subway station, bus stops, & LIRR train station. The thing I actually like living in Jamaica is it's very close to JFK so I didn't have to worry spending $90-$100 on Uber/taxi especially when I carried big/heavy luggage as well as I didn't care when I would be landing because to go home was just a short distance.

One more thing... Living in Jamaica is somehow cheaper in groceries, I saved up way more when I was living in that neighborhood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxhill_cat View Post
I've never been to that area... Is this area safe to live in for a young single woman? It's way far from the city tho... I love the price and the whole package, by the way.

Last edited by someoneinqueens; 04-22-2022 at 09:23 AM..

Old 04-22-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I used to live in Jamaica for a few years & based on my experience, I'd never had any problems living in that area. I went out & home late at night & never encountered any problems, everybody seemed minding their own business. Though it's a bit far to/from Manhattan, I had no problems in commuting, my apartment building was close to subway station, bus stops, & LIRR train station. The thing I actually like living in Jamaica is it's very close to JFK so I didn't have to worry spending $90-$100 on Uber/taxi especially when I carried big/heavy luggage as well as I didn't care when I would be landing because to go home was just a short distance.
Thanks for the reply. I did some research on my end and have decided not to apply for this building. I found a lot of bad comments about the homeless and there're a bunch of homeless-related centers nearby. It seems the station has occupied by the homeless and drug dealers... I became very cautious about my safety as an Asian woman since Covid... Thanks for sharing the info by the way.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:39 AM

45 posts, read 54,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxhill_cat View Post
Being completely honest with you, I recently went to do a quick visit to one of the lotteries I won in Jamaica called Tree of Life.

I completely disliked the neighborhood, it's too rowdy and definitely shady.

I gave that lottery up, I let them move me into rejected.

Old 04-22-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochochino View Post
Being completely honest with you, I recently went to do a quick visit to one of the lotteries I won in Jamaica called Tree of Life.

I completely disliked the neighborhood, it's too rowdy and definitely shady.

I gave that lottery up, I let them move me into rejected.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think this building might be an okay place for people who are working at JFK.

Old 07-13-2022, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 770 times
Did any one apply and hear back from them? I was selected and I sent over all my paper work it's been about three weeks and I haven't heard back. I sent over a follow up email and they said the building is still under construction that's why they're behind with processing.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:44 PM

78 posts, read 58,906 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...g-connect.html

This is the correct link for the one archer forum, but nope. Sent in papers and nothing. Although there was a stop work order placed on the construction that cleared now, but that definitely set them back.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:47 PM

9 posts, read 7,958 times
Those selected, what were y’all log numbers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery