Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2022, 01:29 PM

7 posts, read 8,888 times

Advertisements

Hi! Reviving this thread… I have an interview this week for the dime. They didn’t tell me to bring anything, so if I had uploaded it all to HC is that all I need to do? Or should I bring the docs as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2022, 03:04 PM

954 posts, read 933,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 525600applications View Post
Hi! Reviving this thread… I have an interview this week for the dime. They didn’t tell me to bring anything, so if I had uploaded it all to HC is that all I need to do? Or should I bring the docs as well?
Bring them with you as well

Old 11-05-2022, 06:05 PM

7 posts, read 8,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Bring them with you as well
Thanks!

Old 11-06-2022, 07:10 AM

32 posts, read 31,040 times
Is the interview different from the apartment viewing? Or are they done the same time?

Old 11-06-2022, 07:48 AM

644 posts, read 734,424 times
They just go through your documents and answers for the interview. Like where do you work, who will be on the lease, financial accounts you have etc. You wouldn’t fail the interview unless you lied a lot and they found out during it or found ineligible due to income.

Old 11-07-2022, 06:54 AM

411 posts, read 228,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
They just go through your documents and answers for the interview. Like where do you work, who will be on the lease, financial accounts you have etc. You wouldn’t fail the interview unless you lied a lot and they found out during it or found ineligible due to income.
I had two interviews for the same building. It seems there was some huge ClusterF and they had to start from scratch. Be really polite and patient and have clear clean copies of every document and have them organized. Make the interviewer like you. As I went through the process after, the same guy never gave me unreasonable deadlines to get him updates and answered my emails when I asked about status.
I know someone who went for a different building with a different company and they gave her 48 hours to submit updates or get cut. She was away and missed one deadline by two days and they actually cut her.

Old 11-07-2022, 08:41 AM

84 posts, read 65,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7continents View Post
I had two interviews for the same building. It seems there was some huge ClusterF and they had to start from scratch. Be really polite and patient and have clear clean copies of every document and have them organized. Make the interviewer like you. As I went through the process after, the same guy never gave me unreasonable deadlines to get him updates and answered my emails when I asked about status.
I know someone who went for a different building with a different company and they gave her 48 hours to submit updates or get cut. She was away and missed one deadline by two days and they actually cut her.
I'm confused. What exactly did they ask her for that she wouldn't have already had? especially since the guy gave her a deadline of 48 hours (which is insane in itself like people don't have lives)

Old 11-07-2022, 11:30 AM

89 posts, read 49,485 times
Do all lotteries do an interview? And at what point? My documents have been sent over to HPD for approval weeks ago and we're just waiting for the approval to sign my lease, and at no point was an interview ever mentioned.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:07 PM

800 posts, read 729,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal98 View Post
Do all lotteries do an interview? And at what point? My documents have been sent over to HPD for approval weeks ago and we're just waiting for the approval to sign my lease, and at no point was an interview ever mentioned.
I also didn’t have an interview. I think it used to be standard precovid but then stopped. I guess some buildings have started again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery