Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 10:19 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,854,056 times

Advertisements

What unit did you pick? Studio, 1BR, or 2BR? Did you get a unit with nice overlooking seaview & in higher floor?

When your paperwork (income, assets, etc) is checked & you're deemed eligible, the marketing agent will send you a document called 'Tenant Income Certification' (TIC) to sign & your unit number is stated in it. After you sign, they will send your TIC to HPD for review & approval. You usually will get a copy in your HC 2.0 account when your TIC is already submitted to HPD.

After HPD approves your TIC then you will do a lease signing & moving-in.

The apartment building is beautiful! Hope your process to get a unit in this building will go smoothly, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchVanDerLinde View Post
Hi all, I was also picked from the lottery. I submitted documents and went to see the apartment. I decided to accept it.

I'm new to the process - I don't know what happens next. How will I know if they are moving forward with my paperwork? They told me they would "let me know". I applied for other lotteries but none of the newer applications have log numbers.

What happens now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 10:24 AM

293 posts, read 227,595 times
Congrats!! That is exciting. What log # are you? Do you have any photos or video of apt?

Old 07-17-2022, 12:53 PM

6,697 posts, read 6,062,366 times
Quote:
Hi all, I was also picked from the lottery. I submitted documents and went to see the apartment. I decided to accept it.

I'm new to the process - I don't know what happens next. How will I know if they are moving forward with my paperwork? They told me they would "let me know". I applied for other lotteries but none of the newer applications have log numbers.

What happens now?
Wow, that’s great news! Did you get one of the apartments with a beach view?
What will happen next is that they’ll call you to come in and sign a lease.

Old 07-17-2022, 04:14 PM

6 posts, read 2,310 times
Nope, no beach view - the apartment is facing the train tracks. The building is really nice with a gym (additional fee), parking (for a fee), laundry room, sitting area and event space.

I thought HPD was supposed to send some type of approval? So far staff said I appear eligible but no one has called or gotten back to me yet about a lease or HPD approval. When should I contact them to ask?

Old 07-17-2022, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
What unit did you pick? Studio, 1BR, or 2BR? Did you get a unit with nice overlooking seaview & in higher floor?

When your paperwork (income, assets, etc) is checked & you're deemed eligible, the marketing agent will send you a document called 'Tenant Income Certification' (TIC) to sign & your unit number is stated in it. After you sign, they will send your TIC to HPD for review & approval. You usually will get a copy in your HC 2.0 account when your TIC is already submitted to HPD.

After HPD approves your TIC then you will do a lease signing & moving-in.

The apartment building is beautiful! Hope your process to get a unit in this building will go smoothly, good luck!
THANKS! I appreciate this! I wasn't sure what the next step was. I didn't actually pick a unit yet - I was able to view both. I haven't received this TIC document yet. I suppose they are still reviewing my paperwork. I feel like they may ask for additional items. I'll keep you guys posted.

Old 07-17-2022, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo295 View Post
Congrats!! That is exciting. What log # are you? Do you have any photos or video of apt?
My log number is 1## - the apartments are exactly as they appear on the Rybak website. You can even do a walkthrough online.

Old 07-17-2022, 05:15 PM

586 posts, read 589,448 times
I didn't think the building was all that the train tracks are right there ...the building is in the middle of nowhere...and it look like the building and apartments are cheaply made...

Old 07-18-2022, 10:01 AM

6,697 posts, read 6,062,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
I didn't think the building was all that the train tracks are right there ...the building is in the middle of nowhere...and it look like the building and apartments are cheaply made...
I was also given a tour of the building but hoping I'd get an apartment with a view to the beach.

Unfortunately, the two units they offered me were facing the train tracks, although the apartments were elevated and sound proofed, so one can't really hear train noise. As for the cheaply made comment, I found that the building's construction was not any different from those of the more recent luxury apartment buildings, and I have toured many. I did find the one bedroom on the smaller side, though.

Old 07-19-2022, 06:05 PM

So, not sure what to make of this - they told me 'due to overwhelming response' they no longer have units available. I can opt to be waitlisted. My application was not forwarded to HPD, never signed a TIC document - so that's it I guess. I suppose a lot can change between viewing the apartment, picking candidates and then getting HPD approvals. I'm disappointed but at least somebody else has a home.

Old 07-19-2022, 07:49 PM

1,607 posts, read 1,854,056 times
Sorry to hear that! This means lower log applicants were all qualified & accepted the offer so all units were taken already. If I may suggest, don't withdraw yourself, let them put you into the waitlist because you will be contacted when there is available unit that matches your qualification.

Quote:
So, not sure what to make of this - they told me 'due to overwhelming response' they no longer have units available. I can opt to be waitlisted. My application was not forwarded to HPD, never signed a TIC document - so that's it I guess. I suppose a lot can change between viewing the apartment, picking candidates and then getting HPD approvals. I'm disappointed but at least somebody else has a home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: