Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 12:43 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,884,218 times

Advertisements

I like the fact that they're giving people the option to purchase their own W/D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 05:35 PM

24 posts, read 14,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPecan View Post
Hi everyone! I will be scheduled for viewing next week. I will find out more about the parking situation. From my understanding, they shouldn’t be reserving anything for market rate if it is something you have to pay extra for, anyway.

That agent sounds madly sketchy. They had initially been denied my application because I had only just started a new job and did not have the paystub needed to project income. I had provided them the offer letter from my job, they denied again. Call HPD, and they said this building has been giving them tons of problem.

Once HPD, got involved after filing a complaint to this building, they quickly changed their attitude and now I will be viewing a unit next week. From my experience, some of these “marketing agents” will deny applicants due to their own preconceived biases of what they think you can afford. I encourage everyone to download a copy of the “marketing handbook!”

Because these agents will try to play you and parking being reserved for “market rate” sounds like a bunch of bull to me and how they don’t know the price for parking yet but they are able to tell you, that you can’t pay for it because you won the housing lottery??? GTFOH with that mess!
Curious to hear what you learn from your visit about parking, etc. I ended up passing on the place and parking was a big factor for me...anyway, hope you love it and all goes real smooth from here on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: