Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2022, 03:38 PM

8 posts, read 10,991 times

Advertisements

Hi! Can someone let me know if this lottery has any sort of preference such a cb or disability
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2022, 03:56 PM

347 posts, read 455,028 times
It doesn’t there. Wouldn’t it be on the lottery profile?

Old 09-28-2022, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
You can withdraw on HC by clicking the building on your dashboard then "withdraw" near the bottom. You can also just not respond to any inquiry and they'll pass you by after 10 business days from the contact.
Ok will just let them pass over me and that way I can update the thread how far along they are

Old 09-28-2022, 04:09 PM

166 posts, read 174,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josies27 View Post
Hi! Can someone let me know if this lottery has any sort of preference such a cb or disability
No preferences at all

Old 09-28-2022, 07:16 PM

21 posts, read 37,598 times
I got a 4x log number. The lowest I have ever gotten. I would love this apartment so much but I already got an apartment so I will sit this one out but would love to live in Manhattan.

Has anyone heard anything? I don't see the marketing agency.

Old 09-28-2022, 08:04 PM

644 posts, read 733,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiddleWardle View Post
I got a 4x log number. The lowest I have ever gotten. I would love this apartment so much but I already got an apartment so I will sit this one out but would love to live in Manhattan.

That info doesn’t show until you get asked to submit documents. This lottery just closed so it might take a little bit before they start doing that

Old 09-28-2022, 08:11 PM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiddleWardle View Post

Doesn’t hurt to go through the process and maybe even view the unit! Who knows you might love it so much ur willing to move

Old 09-28-2022, 08:13 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josies27 View Post
There is no CB preference shown in the listing. Some lotteries use the CB and others don’t. There is a complex explanation why which I am not going to go into.

There is no Disability Preference listed either. However, some posters to this forum say that they exist even if not shown on the listing. I can’t claim to know if this is certain. However, below is a copy paste from the Handbook which suggests that it is true under Section 504 in many circumstances. I added the bold.

5-1 Set-Asides and Preferences

A. DISABILITY SET-ASIDES

1. All City-assisted projects must comply with the accessibility requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Section 504 requires that, for projects involving the new construction of housing containing five or more dwelling units and for projects involving the substantial alteration of housing containing 15 or more dwelling units, a minimum of five percent of units in the Project must be accessible and set aside for households with a person with a mobility disability (“Mobility Disability Set-Aside Units”). An additional minimum of two percent of units must be set aside for households with a person with a hearing or vision disability (“Hearing/Vision Disability Set- Aside Units”). See the HPD Design Guidelines for more information, available at nyc.gov/hpd.

2. Marketing Agents must make the Mobility Disability Set-Aside Units (five percent of units in the Project or one unit, whichever is greater) available first to any applicants with mobility disabilities.

3. Marketing Agents must make the Hearing/Vision Set-Aside Units (two percent of units in the Project or one unit, whichever is greater) available first to any applicants with hearing and/or vision disabilities.

4. When processing applicants for disability set-asides, New York City residents must be processed before non-residents. If there are insufficient New York City residents to meet the set-aside requirement, the Marketing Agent may then process non-residents to fulfill the set-aside requirement.

Page 36 of 70 in the,
MARKETING HANDBOOK, SECTION 5: DETAILED SELECTION POLICIES 5-1: Set-Asides and Preferences

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/hpd/servic...marketing.page

See PDF file on URL page above

Old 09-28-2022, 10:07 PM

1,699 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierdenise View Post
Ok will just let them pass over me and that way I can update the thread how far along they are
Good idea, you can withdraw at any point. You could also withdraw once they request the docs so that you can update people that they reached your number but not make they wait 10 business days to replace you.

Old 09-29-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Good idea, you can withdraw at any point. You could also withdraw once they request the docs so that you can update people that they reached your number but not make they wait 10 business days to replace you.
Okay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery