Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 03:25 PM

32 posts, read 123,616 times

Advertisements

Anyone know much about this building? How's the wait list for the garage? Any information on the building is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 11,015 times
I am thinking of buying at 555 kappock Street building. What were the replies like regarding this building. Did you move to this buildingin Riverdale. thanks

Old 05-18-2009, 04:44 PM

1,080 posts, read 4,585,482 times
Default 555 Kappock

There has always been a large turnover of apts in that building. You might want to ask your realtor more about that.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 10,956 times
We bought our 2 br in it 2 years ago, and we like it I guess. Bike storage, pool... Very safe and nice people. Garage wait is years so don't even take that opportunity into consideration. We have 2 cars but manage to find parking on the street often where we don't have to move the car for cleaning. Turnover is high now because there are a lot of original owners in the building many of whom are in their 80's now, so I believe most apartments for sale are estates. Views are excellent no matter which side you're on, and the east side of the building has great views even from the low floors, the building being on a cliff. The Board is strict and manages to get stuff done efficiently, which is good. Building is generally well maintained, although we had a mouse last year.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 5,179 times
They says years, but how many? I waited 10 years to get a spot in my current Brooklyn Coop. It was worth the wait.
What is meant by strict Board?
Is there off street parking nearby, another building, perhaps or even a private residence with garages or spaces for rent?

A potential buyer wants to know.

Thanks

Old 01-30-2014, 10:04 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
You can find street parking on Johnson behind the building, most times; however, I would try to park as close to the back of 555 as possible because Johnson gets a bit desolate as you descend the hill to Irwin. Kappock is more of a challenge, since people park there right when the alternate side expires and rarely move their vehicles. If you are stuck for parking, there are meters on Knolls Crescent where you can park overnight, just be sure to be out of the spot before the meters are in effect.

If you want a garage spot, The Century has a large parking garage and should have availability. I would garage a nicer vehicle, even in Riverdale, since property crime can be an issue, especially if you park close to stair streets (especially first stair from down the hill) and by Ewen Park overnight.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 01-30-2014, 01:35 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,687,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskam View Post
We bought our 2 br in it 2 years ago, and we like it I guess. Bike storage, pool... Very safe and nice people. Garage wait is years so don't even take that opportunity into consideration. We have 2 cars but manage to find parking on the street often where we don't have to move the car for cleaning. Turnover is high now because there are a lot of original owners in the building many of whom are in their 80's now, so I believe most apartments for sale are estates. Views are excellent no matter which side you're on, and the east side of the building has great views even from the low floors, the building being on a cliff. The Board is strict and manages to get stuff done efficiently, which is good. Building is generally well maintained, although we had a mouse last year.
I looked at that building but was turned off because of the parking situation over there. Really large building that seems well maintained. Store on the 1st flr? I think the churchhill down the street has the deli within the building along with a dry cleaners.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:01 PM

62 posts, read 81,399 times
People are still on the garage waiting list from the prior century.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,012 times
Default Buy in

For those that have bought into 555 Kappock, what was the buy in? An agent told us two years maintenance was required.
Thanks

Old 08-23-2018, 10:55 PM

12 posts, read 75,493 times
Sorry to revive this old thread but I’m interested in 555 Kappock. It looks like it’s 2 bed, 2 baths go for high 300K to low 400K. In the Winston Churchill across the street at 2500 Johnson Ave, they go for high 500K to low 600K. I’ve been in both buildings and both seem nice. Any idea what the reason is for the price difference? Anyone else lived in either building and loved or hated anything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City