Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2022, 06:07 AM

199 posts, read 207,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roky6212 View Post
No, but I have a friend working in the building
I’m confused- how does this give someone preference? Don’t HC still need to go in log number order?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2022, 08:47 AM

800 posts, read 729,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blades85 View Post
I’m confused- how does this give someone preference? Don’t HC still need to go in log number order?
They should be ..

Old 10-08-2022, 10:39 AM

453 posts, read 497,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blades85 View Post
Yeah, if this is a case of someone helping their mate out then it is a serious ethical transgression and needs investigating! Really hoping that is not the case.

Old 10-08-2022, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Yeah, if this is a case of someone helping their mate out then it is a serious ethical transgression and needs investigating! Really hoping that is not the case.
I read somewhere (can’t recall where maybe this forum) that the buildings need to report to HPD the status of all the log numbers as well so I don’t see how they can cheat the system. I’m obviously not on the back end of this but there has to be some audit in place

Old 10-08-2022, 11:26 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maumauqueens View Post
As I mentioned in my previous post, for the first time I got a very low number, 1xx (fingers crossed). So far have not been contacted. I have notice that the appliances on the market rate apartments and the one that is part of affordable house program is different. Is it regular practice?
regular degular

Old 10-10-2022, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
I read somewhere (can’t recall where maybe this forum) that the buildings need to report to HPD the status of all the log numbers as well so I don’t see how they can cheat the system. I’m obviously not on the back end of this but there has to be some audit in place
It was actually in the handbook

1. The Marketing Agent must provide, on at least a bi-weekly basis during the resident selection process, a lottery log update to the Agency for review, indicating each applicant’s “selection status” – their status after eligibility review (for example, approved for unit, rejected for being over- income, applicant withdrew from lottery, etc.). This is to ensure that applicants are being processed in the proper order. The Marketing Agent may not submit to the Agency an applicant file when there are applicants with lower log numbers whose statuses have not been updated.

Old 10-10-2022, 06:30 PM

453 posts, read 497,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost20 View Post
It was actually in the handbook

1. The Marketing Agent must provide, on at least a bi-weekly basis during the resident selection process, a lottery log update to the Agency for review, indicating each applicant’s “selection status” – their status after eligibility review (for example, approved for unit, rejected for being over- income, applicant withdrew from lottery, etc.). This is to ensure that applicants are being processed in the proper order. The Marketing Agent may not submit to the Agency an applicant file when there are applicants with lower log numbers whose statuses have not been updated.
Honestly, given my experience with HPD, and what I have observed from this forum (some totally bonkers number-calling in some lotteries, that had no AMI or CB etc explanations) I get the impression that they are too understaffed o/ underpaid to do due diligence on this. It's BS! I agree the rule is there, it should be abided by.

Old 10-11-2022, 08:26 AM

21 posts, read 37,598 times
I honestly think that the person who said that they were called is a troll. Until they can state who the marketing agency is on this building I will remain skeptical on the statement.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:04 AM

84 posts, read 70,283 times
Has anyone been contacted to submit documents for this building yet?

Old 10-13-2022, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,011 times
Not yet… did you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery