Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 09:47 PM

213 posts, read 216,651 times

Advertisements

My previous comments come from having lived in buildings that later started renting units to supportive housing programs, there is alot of stigma that comes with people in supportive housing which i understand and no one should be judged if they need the extra support but there are few who get into those programs when they need to be institutionalized elsewhere. When someone who is violent, unhinged and only gets checked on once a week moves next door to you and interferes with your quality of living, it matters! and someone should have the choice if they want to live amongst that type of mixed used building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 09:48 PM

399 posts, read 376,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Right! the only thing I’m concerned about is the completion of the construction and if we will have to wait longer for log numbers to come out due to the fact that it’s not move in ready yet
They are indeed still under construction but I saw market rate people moved in more than a month ago (they were complaining about not having amenities cause they were all still finishing up)

Old 09-20-2022, 06:20 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,404,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
They are indeed still under construction but I saw market rate people moved in more than a month ago (they were complaining about not having amenities cause they were all still finishing up)
Oh people moved in already? They should release log numbers soon then…hopefully.

Old 09-20-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissRobin2021 View Post
Some of the comments on this thread have been so disheartening and unnecessary. It’s also interesting to see folks who constantly boast about getting their drama apt already, continuously show up on these threads to talk ****. Imagine having a new apt but no life.
Agreed. The conversation here was looking too much like one I’d see in the NYC forum…

Old 09-20-2022, 08:24 AM

6,689 posts, read 6,038,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
My previous comments come from having lived in buildings that later started renting units to supportive housing programs, there is alot of stigma that comes with people in supportive housing which i understand and no one should be judged if they need the extra support but there are few who get into those programs when they need to be institutionalized elsewhere. When someone who is violent, unhinged and only gets checked on once a week moves next door to you and interferes with your quality of living, it matters! and someone should have the choice if they want to live amongst that type of mixed used building.
I agree!

Check these threads out:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...nightmare.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...nightmare.html

Old 09-20-2022, 01:16 PM

585 posts, read 585,898 times
Quote:

Stop going back and fourth because aint no way I'm moving into a building wit supportive housing idc what the situation is all these people are gonna do is destroy the property and quality of life I've saw it happen too many times for it to be considered a debate

Old 09-20-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynDee View Post
There is a supportive housing floor in this building !
and it does not need to be included in the lottery it has nothing to do with the lottery .
Im just curious where this information came from I dont see that mentioned in this article:https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/06/aff...son-yards.html

or https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/05/lyr...manhattan.html

People are having a debate over something they dont know is true

Old 09-20-2022, 04:14 PM

213 posts, read 216,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Im just curious where this information came from I dont see that mentioned in this article:https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/06/aff...son-yards.html

or https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/05/lyr...manhattan.html

People are having a debate over something they dont know is true

I think it is fair to say that there are people who join just to troll and mislead people to NOT applying for the lottery, spreading misinfo... i seen this a few times in the past months, they will mention something absurd abou the buildings hoping they will get a lower log number!

Old 09-20-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I think it is fair to say that there are people who join just to troll and mislead people to NOT applying for the lottery, spreading misinfo... i seen this a few times in the past months, they will mention something absurd abou the buildings hoping they will get a lower log number!
I honestly believe this after all the fewer that apply the better chances you have but come on lol.

There is literally no where stating there is a floor dedicated to supportive housing for the building. Fact checking will save a lot of drama

Old 09-20-2022, 04:43 PM

186 posts, read 268,727 times
Ok all i did some further digging ,
I may have been wrong as there are 2 towers going up right next to it W39/40 it was the old "Slaughter House" that is being developed with a Hotel , supermarket , 800 units and there will be supportive housing floor etc
Excuse me i got confused because of the location here is the video starting @1:40

https://youtu.be/x3gjQR7rXCE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery